Advice on small portable saws

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
After I have sold almost all of my larger equipment, for me to want to buy new equipment seems crazy:eek::eek:, but it turns out I really need a smaller portable table saw,

From everything I've read, the obvious choice is between the

DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand

attachment.php

and the

Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand

attachment.php

What I think I know is the Bosch seems to be the choice 0f most reviewers. The gravity stand gets a lot of kudos.

The Dewalt has the larger rip capacity by about 6" and it is currently about $100 cheaper than the Bosch and it's stand seems to be a pita.

Neither saw gives me the sense of "rugged" and the fence systems seem rather flimsy.

So I would like some reviews from you guys, and recommendations and the name and models of other saws that I should consider.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 200

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have the Sawstop job site saw. You are more than welcome to come over and check it out. Try it. Use the mobile base.

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Second vote for Saw Stop. I have two used on the jobsites daily. Not much on inventors politics, but good saw. However, not a fan of Dewalt and have never used Bosch. Shop saw is an Altendorf.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
My first woodworking saw was the Bosch 4000 with the gravity rise stand. No complaints from me over about 10 years.

It was fine out of the box with a solidly mounting rip fence and I had no basis for comparison.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I used the Bosch 4100 for 5 years and loved it. The stand was great and very easy to operate. I would still have it, if I didn't upgrade to something larger and I needed the space.

garymuto

New User
Gary
I have the Bosch 4100. It seemed to have the best Rip fence in that price range in my opinion. I was also able to get a reconditioned one at CPOOutlets.com. I wound up buying DeWalt table saw stand and the set up works well. I also added the left side and back extensions and they are really handy.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Bosch is the only portable saw that lets you adjust the table from the base or housing. It acts like a cabient saw in that respect so I felt most comfortable with that feature. All in all if I needed a new saw tomorrow I would buy another Bosch.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I bought a Bosch GTS1031 jobsite saw and a portable base when building my new home a few years ago. I was very happy with the accuracy.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also recommend the Bosch 4100-09. I own one but only got to use it twice before my brother borrowed it. Since then, my niece has taken possession of it and is using it to learn ww'ing up in Ohio. I plan on buying another one very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS