Adhesive for Glass?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Not all acquarium adhesive is clear though so just be aware of that if you decide to go that way.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I would use clear silicone, a very small bead should work well
Clear silicone is what was used at KraftMaid when I worked there. There was an area where all they did was install glass in door frames.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Crazy question, but maybe whoever built the table originally may have a suggestion.
The table and base were bought out of state around 30 years ago from a place that no longer exists and since it's all glass there's no markings on it anywhere unfortunately. :( I could probably try searching by image I guess, but not sure it's worth the effort.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
As an update I did pick a silicone product and have the base back together and am waiting for it to set/cure before putting the top back on. I ended up with a 100% clear Silicone product made by GE called Iron Grip which I got from Lowes. While reading labels at the store one of the associates inquired as to what I needed to do. I told him and showed him pictures of the base and he immediately grabbed this product from the shelf and said it was the only one that he would recommend for a long term fix. He indicated any other type of " supre glue, etc" would be too brittle and probably wouldn't last. I need to remove the tape I used to hold things together and see how things are holding up tonight. I checked it after about 4 hours and there was still a little "give" if I applied a little twisting force to the base. I guess as long as the top piece doesn't slide off when the tape is removed and the glass top is back on it'll be fine.

B.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS