Additions to the sewin' table

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My plan with my wife's sewin' table was to have modular roll out cabinets beneath it. That way she could store her stuff and then roll the cabinets out when she wanted to sit at it.
Here's two of what might be many more -

Dog_feeder_002.jpg

And in place -

Dog_feeder_005.jpg

My wife said "They are soo Pottery Barn"....I guess that is a compliment :dontknow::dontknow:
Thanks for lookin'
Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
You really got those elves busy this weekend! Too darn hot for me to get too much done. Did work on the hall table top, but I have some delaminating issues to deal with!

J

jeff...

They are soo Pottery Barn :icon_scra:dontknow::icon_scra:dontknow::icon_scra They look like they fit right in - looks great Dave

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Dude, you're turning into Martha Stewart. While you're at it, can you build me a dog bed, outfeed table, BBQ stand, and finish Travis' cabinets by tomorrow night?

Great looking storage, that design would work well in the shop as well! But use industrial plastic containers instead of those baskets, don't want to look too Pottery Barn....:rolf:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
They look good, but you need to put some drawer slides and trays on them so she can pull the baskets out and have them sitting there!

All I think about is cabinets....... I only have 12 pull out trays to put in the lowers..... I think I will change my signature. :-(

DaveO

New User
DaveO
How did you fix the corners of the cabs Dave, biscuits?

The Melamine carcasses are joined with rabbets/dadoes and glue. The rabbets are on the sides so gravity would help to hold them together. The problem with biscuits and Melamine is that the glue won't stick well to the laminate surface so all you have is the attachment of the biscuits. Rabbets gave me more particleboard surface are to glue to.

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
The roll out storage is a great idea. Having drawers/shelves that slide out of them would be even nicer. LOML made all the lower kitchen cabinets and pantry with roll out draw errs when he built the kitchen cabinets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS