Acrylic/Lexan sheeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I need a few pieces of acrylic or lexan type sheets, not too thick, sizes at least 27"x40". I would like 2 clear and 2 white. I would be glad to trade lumber for some or buy if reasonably priced. If nothing else, where is an affordable place to buy it? Thanks for your help.

bluthart

New User
Brian
Thanks Ray. I saw that but I was hoping to keep it on the cheap. I'm making a couple of movie poster light up frames for my man cave. I'm hoping somebody wants to let some go for less.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
That 27" dimension is what is going to be hard at the BORGs. Light diffusers are pre cut to ~23-1/2'" x 47-1/2" and you'll probably need to buy a 48" x 48" piece to get one 27" wide.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Last time I needed a clear acrylic for a light box I went to the closest glass company, told them the size and picked it up later that afternoon. It wasn't very expensive. You can buy the light diffusers in other sizes from a lighting company but a sheet of white lexan might be easier to find.

One other tip, I painted a black border around the diffuser so the edges of the poster would be darker. That was a side lit box though.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Just a point that may help you in your search: Acrylic is usually inexpensive. Lexan, a trade name, is polycarbonate (the stuff fighter aircraft canopies are made from). More flexible and much tougher, so also is more expensive. As you want inexpensive, and a framed item will probably see less abuse (kind of depends on how wild the parties are in your man cave), when making your inquiries, you may want to use the term "acrylic" to avoid price shock.

JMTCW

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS