Account question

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I believe that you haven't met the minimum number of posts yet. :eusa_thin I'm sure someone who knows more, and for sure, will be by soon.

Brian.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
There are no member groups (that I'm aware of) that have site-based restrictions against using PMs -- not even a brand new member with 0 posts to their name. I have specifically checked the "User (Inactive)" group that Michael was a member of and he had (site) permission to send and receive PMs provided his personalized settings allowed such (see last paragraph below).

There are some limits -- particularly on younger members -- as to how *many* people you may address a single PM to (typically a single PM may be sent to no more than 5 members). A PM addressed to more than the maximum number of allowable recipients will be refused by the system.

HOWEVER, the member has the power to turn on/off Private Messaging and/or the receiving of PMs via their personal Settings console ("Settings" link can be found in upper right-hand corner of the page) for themselves. Under "General Settings" (link can be found in left-hand sidebar) you will find the controls for customizing the behavior of PMs for your account. These settings apply only to the individual member.

Michael Kroart

New User
Michael
Thanks for all the comments

Apparently, my PM was sent for some reason doesn't show up in the "Sent" folder. I got a response back from the recipient this morning.

Anyone else experience this issue?

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Thanks for all the comments

Apparently, my PM was sent for some reason doesn't show up in the "Sent" folder. I got a response back from the recipient this morning.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Michael,

Please see my instructions (above) for accessing your Settings, the option to enable/disable *automatic* saving of Sent PMs is also a part of your personal settings. You can read more about this in my recent comments to another user on this feature in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors