A visitor this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Dead is good for that one. It's been so long since I have been in the shop there are probably a dozen or so.

Nutball

New User
Paul
Several years ago, I had a Rhino spray-in lining put in my pick-up. I drove it home and parked it in the garage to cool. A bit later, I walked out to check on it (garage lights weren't on so it was fairly dark) and saw what looked light a little bubble on the liner. It was pretty small and I figured I would just pick it off and, since the material was still somewhat warm, any resultant blemish would kind of heal itself.

Well, the little black bubble had a red hourglass on it!!:swoon: I dropped it real quick! The little booger wasn't dead, but apparently whatever fumes the liner was still giving off had rendered her extremely groggy. I was darn lucky.

That was the first black widow I'd ever seen and I hope it was the last.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Man dead is great!
A few years back I was cleaning out my shop when we lived in SW Georgia, moved something, went to reach down again when I noticed her just hanging in the corner. Still get chills thinking about when the gal from the Bug Zoo at the local museum said it was the biggest one she ever got called to remove.:swoon: Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
My theory is that I would rather have five snakes on me than one spider, poisonous or not, I hate spiders. I can see the snakes, you cannot always see a spider in time.:nah:

J

jeff...

I see lots of them while out in the woods - I just leave em alone... unless they are in the way. What's really a sight is when you run up on a nest of hatchlings being protected by a mom. She can get pretty aggressive when it comes to protecting her babies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I used to keep them in jars when I was a kid until one day a bunch of babys started coming out of the air holes, my mom had a cow and I had to get rid of all of them:wsad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors