A Simple Walnut Serving Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
This is a tray I made as a birthday gift for my wife. The walnut was a piece her father had in his stash when he died. He'd gotten it from a relative's farm to make her a cedar lined chest. He never got it made and unfortunately, he'd stored it improperly so by the time I got it and took the warp out, it was too thin to use for a chest.

This is a simple design and pretty easy to make. It was nice to spend some time in my shop again.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Wait a minute, are you now drawing your tablesaw, plywood scraps and a random cardboard box in your sketchup models? :) Just kidding, the tray looks great. (One never know what is a model and what is a picture with your posts).

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Thanks Scott and Jeremy.

Jeremy, you funny guy. :D I took advantage of some down time away from SketchUp to make some saw dust. I was kind of on a roll after spending Friday making Pinewood Derby car stand kits for my kid's scout den. :D

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Scott and Jeremy.

Jeremy, you funny guy. :D I took advantage of some down time away from SketchUp to make some saw dust. I was kind of on a roll after spending Friday making Pinewood Derby car stand kits for my kid's scout den. :D

Probably took you a half hour to make it and it would take me half a day to draw those two rectangles in SU! :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS