A shedua box....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Here is a little box turned from some curly Shedua, aka African walnut, that my wife and son gave me for Christmas. Turned like a dream. Polished like glass particularly on the end grain.

This box is 2 1/2" in diameter and 2 7/8" tall. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Sheduabox1 (553 x 600).jpg
    Sheduabox1 (553 x 600).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Sheduabox1inside (600 x 369).jpg
    Sheduabox1inside (600 x 369).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 219
  • Sheduabox1bottom (600 x 343).jpg
    Sheduabox1bottom (600 x 343).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 229

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that is really nice!:-o

I must say that you must have extremely good eysight and very steady hand! (Or. is just relaxing at the lathe that is so calming?)

I agree on the wood too. Where in the world do you manage to come up with such exptic woods?

Wayne

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Canuk, Mike and others,

I have made a point of turning as many different woods as I can. My son and I have assembled more than 150 different woods that I have turned as Euro and Parker style pens that he has displayed in his office. My great joy is turning a new wood into a new pen.

This desire to turn new woods has carried over to my turned boxes. We find as many exotics as we can from various web sources and order them for box turning. I also buy them from East Wake Hardwoods when Rodger has a new wood or a blank of sufficient size. The woods I have been turning recently came as Christmas presents from my wife and son and were purchased online from Gilmer Woods- the online wood candy store.

Here is the link: http://www.gilmerwood.com/Default.htm

There are other sites as well, but I like Gilmer because you get to see what you buy before you buy it. Good company to deal with....

Thanks for the nice comments....I do appreciate them.

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
Mike, nice box as usual. I've turned a few small things out of shedua but that piece has got great color. Good stuff.

phillip

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Big Mike, not only are you delighting my eyes with your consistently beautiful turnings, but you are also enlightening my mind with the names and appearances of so many beautiful exotics....Thanks:icon_thum

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Mike,

Thanks for the link..... Have to check them out!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Wayne

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Mike, another great looking box you turned out there.:icon_thum I really like the finish on it.

D L

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Canuk said:
Mike,

Thanks for the link..... Have to check them out!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Wayne
Just for the record. I hate gilmer:eusa_liar, I have wasted more time on that site:crybaby2:. But should you like to look at gorgous woods I won't stop you, just don't claim you were not warned :eusa_naug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS