A "Quiet" vacuum?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
An advantage when I purchased my Fein Turbo2 was I can use an aftermarket HEPA Cleanstream filter on it and no bags. Dump the contents, hose off the filter and keep marching. I've run mine that way since ~2003-4 when I got it.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a line on a Festool Mini for $400 - I think it is a deal, but worry that I am missing something not buying a CTXX (26,36) etc.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Correct, where I use it 90% of the time I have a garden hose hanger on the wall so not a problem for me
Annnd, maybe that is the option - be creative and develop a "system" for handling it.
I have a "Shop vac" brand shop vac and wrap the 2" hose around it and "Thread" it back on itself after wrapping the cord around the vacuum... it works, but how hard would it have been to add some kind of "cord cleat" to wrap the cord? then maybe it would have occured to someone - "Hey we could charge a little more to create storage for the cord and hose! (Facepalm)
1622639342147.png

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I have a Festool and it is ridculously quiet, but I don't think it has enough power to function as a shop vacuum.

So I'm on the search for a replacement that isn't as loud.

Would the Fein with a cyclone function as a general shop vac IOW is the suction similar to a regular shop vac?

I'm sick of having to wear ear muffs just to vacuum my shop!!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a Festool and it is ridculously quiet, but I don't think it has enough power to function as a shop vacuum.

Is this true for everyone? (Festool owners)
Is the Festool NOT a good choice to function as a shop vacuum?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Is this true for everyone? (Festool owners)
Is the Festool NOT a good choice to function as a shop vacuum?
The $bags are a problem for me. I don't need them with the Fein+Cleanstream as nothing is able to trash the motor or shop air.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS