A new photo in the gallery by Bladeburner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I hope Bladeburner doesn't mind me posting hte picture of his intarsia project. If he does, sorry about that.

GooseIntarsiaDone.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks for putting up the picture. I saw that under construction and was looking forward to the finished result. It looks great. Intarsia is so cool.

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow, Bladeburner did a nice job on that. Intarsia is one of the things I have always wanted to try but have never got around to yet. I have a few plans available that I found online and now all I need to do is build me a well stocked scrap pile like Dave's and I'll be all set. Thanks for posting the pic Cathy.

D L

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks folks. I wouldn't try another one. Could have built a vanity in less time, but I've probably learned a lot. About what, I'm not sure but if you're going to do something like this, take 2 valium and chase them with Jack Daniels first. Patience is a requirement!

Joe

woodguy1975

New User
John
Very nice. I understand what you mean about the patience. I started to try one of those and shortly there after decided it wasn't for me. LOL If you aren't really skilled with a scroll saw you are in for a lot of sanding to get the project to come together and look good.

I will have to complete one some day, but it won't be tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after........

John

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Impressive! I'm a pretty patient guy.. but I don't think that patient. I've always been awed by this type of work.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Actual hands on time was probably 18-20 hours, but the time spent on 'pondering' I didn't count. I made it more difficult than necessary by not knowing how it would all come together, when I started. I didn't have the Olson blades (just HD Deltas) until after I finished, but a test cut yesterday with one shows I could have cut the time in half. I didn't frame it yet; waiting on DW input, but she saw it today and we decided upon a frame, so I'll get started on that. So, with the new blades and a better understanding of how to reach the final outcome, I think I'll do some more!
I used walnut for the wings and back, the rest is white pine glued to ½" Ivory plywood.
Thanks all,
Joe

Last edited:

DavidF

New User
David
Yeh, I understand the pondering part! That's the problem with showers as opposed to a soak in the tub! I've done some of my best "work" in the bath with a large whiskey:lol: in a shower the whiskey gets too diluted!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DavidF said:
I've done some of my best "work" in the bath with a large whiskey:lol: in a shower the whiskey gets too diluted!

David, you need to get yourself a lid for your whiskey glass and one of those big long crazy straws.:lol:

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS