A little something made awhile ago - pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
This is my first try at a bandsaw box. Tried it soon after getting my Griz. 0555Z 14" BS. I laminated pieces of white cedar 2x6" left over frrom an pergola I built at work. Got the inspiration from Lois Ventura's Building Beautiful Boxes w/ your BS book....great book if your interested in this type of work. Didn't expect much out of the project, but after it was all cut out and sanded the cedar grain was really cool. I cut out the Ying/Yang inspired pulls to complement the shape out of some zebrawood scraps. Really turned out way better than I had expected IMHO, haven't been able to make one I like as well since, beginners luck.

Avainjammies002.jpg

Avainjammies004.jpg

Thanks for looking. The hot blond chick modeling the box is my daughter. Dave:)

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Dave, the box is terrific but you got a ways to go to build anything any nicer or better looking than that sweetheart model showing how the box works. Congratulations to you and the wife on that wonderful collaboration!:) It just doesn't get any better than that!:cool:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, that is my best work. I'll never top it, the best I can do is a tie, if we have another one. I appreciate the comment. Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
VERY nice! If you haven't checked it in a while, you better open that thing up and make sure there's not a piece of banana in there! BTDT... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS