A little luck never hurts

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
My shop has a 25 year old tired heat pump. I was getting ready to buy a new mini-split before the old one died. Plus a mini split would mean I could get rid of my large corner air handler and gain some floor space.
Last week I started an office redo which includes a new computer room. The owner asked if I wanted the backup cooling system as he did not want to see it in a landfill. It did not take me long to say yes
A three year old Mitsubishi 24,000 btu top of the line mini-split. The computer room techs are not sure if it ever had to run, it just sat there in case. We removed the indoor unit today and the outdoor unit will come off the roof when we crane the new units up. It came with a wireless remote and a blank registration card - meaning I will have a full 10 year warranty
Not bad for free

IMG_6367.jpg
IMG_6368.jpg

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Let me know when you pull out the next one ... my truck will be there in 45 minutes.
My shop PTAC quit about 2 months ago and still waiting for the replacement to be shipped.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I put a box around mine with MERV 15 filters on it so the coils stay perfectly clean.
Remotes are crap, but you can get them on e-bay. Set the temp with a thermometer and ignore what the remote says.
I have to run a de-humidifier as mini-splits run right at or above dew point. I am blown away how well it works in the coldest of days.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
We have installed literally 1000's of these here in Hawaii, they are the Cadillac of Split Systems
Nice Score !

Make sure to adjust the refrigerant for the developed line-set length. If you call the Mitsubishi rep with that run length and the model they will give you how much refrigerant needs to be added to the system. If it was charged and taken out and reinstalled, make sure to replace the dryer collector as well.

Trey1984

Trey
User
We have installed literally 1000's of these here in Hawaii, they are the Cadillac of Split Systems
Nice Score !

Make sure to adjust the refrigerant for the developed line-set length. If you call the Mitsubishi rep with that run length and the model they will give you how much refrigerant needs to be added to the system. If it was charged and taken out and reinstalled, make sure to replace the dryer collector as well.
And don't forget to pull a vacuum on the line set also. Put a bunch in and they really are awesome systems and very cost efficient. Let me know when can borrow your horse shoe lol.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, that just sucks! is GREAT!
(meanwhile think of us poor people down here in the South Carolina heat just sweating it out! LOL)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The owner asked if I wanted the backup cooling system as he did not want to see it in a landfill. It did not take me long to say yes
So exactly how long did it take you to say "yes"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Actually, they don't. But it's hard to come up with something more original than "nice score". But if anyone deserves a freebie, it's you!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
So exactly how long did it take you to say "yes"? Inquiring minds want to know.
Actually, they don't. But it's hard to come up with something more original than "nice score". But if anyone deserves a freebie, it's you!

Well if past performance is any predictor of the future, and if I know Phil, he's likely to post this on the forum shortly for the first NCWWer to claim it ..... except maybe in this (exceptional) case he will be the first in line to claim it. :D;):)

He probably still has to fight the urge to give it away, even if he can use it! :cool:

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Phil, considering how helpful and generous you have been sharing the cabinets, chairs, doors, and so forth from your jobs, you 100% deserve such a wonderful score. Congratulations!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS