A heart felt Thanks to all the Vets and those currently serving in the military!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
I want to thank all NCWWers who are Vets or are currently serving for your service to defend this great nation..... :icon_thum:icon_thum to you all.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Re: A heart felt Thanks to all the Vets and those currently serving in the military!!

+1. Amen.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Thank you.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Re: A heart felt Thanks to all the Vets and those currently serving in the military!!

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:tt::hh::aa::nn::kk::yy::eek:o::uu:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Your bravery and sacrifices are remembered today and every day.

My sincerest appreciation.

Jim

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member

Thank You All.
Tony

woodArtz

New User
Bob

Thanks for your service. We are all grateful for your sacrifice!

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member

Thank you NCWW, from a veteran of 30 years and several combat zone tours. My utmost thanks also to those who have taken receipt of the flag and now serve. I salute you.

Go

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Thank you VETERANS!!!:notworthy:

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User

I was in the Navy from 1981 to 1992 including Desert Storm. Except for a some hairy carrier landings, I was never in any real danger. The biggest sacrifice for me was family separation. I was at sea so much I saw my new bride only 16 months in our first three years of marriage.

I am in awe of my uncles who fought in WWII. Two were in the Battle of the Bulge and another fought in Korea. They saw heavy fighting I can barely begin to imagine. They're all gone now, but I hope history remembers what they did.

Bryan S

Bryan

I was in the Navy from 1981 to 1992 including Desert Storm. Except for a some hairy carrier landings, I was never in any real danger. The biggest sacrifice for me was family separation. I was at sea so much I saw my new bride only 16 months in our first three years of marriage.

Carrier Landings. I was on the Enterprise from September 81 to October 85. By any chance were you there?

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User

Carrier Landings. I was on the Enterprise from September 81 to October 85. By any chance were you there?
I was on the Midway 1983-1986 and the Theodore Roosevelt 1989-1992.

DWSmith

New User
David

USNMCB 4 and NSA Danang Viet Nam from 2/14/68 to 5/15/70. Northern "I" Corps with 1st MarDiv and 1st Air Cav. When I returned I was cussed at and spit at by the locals in California. Actually we were told to not wear our uniforms out in public but we stood out like sore thumbs with our out dated civilian clothes.

Now I go out of my way to speak to and shake the hand of anyone wearing a military uniform. Thanks for all your kind words. They do go a long way to make up for the abuse we suffered years ago.

Rob

New User
Rob

I was on the Midway 1983-1986 and the Theodore Roosevelt 1989-1992.

Martin, we need to talk. Stationed on the Midway 1983-1986. B Division, 4 Able fire room.

Actually planning a visit to CA to see her next year.

Thanks to all the other vets out there, especially a good friend of mine that just got back from over seas. Welcome home bro.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User

Martin, we need to talk. Stationed on the Midway 1983-1986. B Division, 4 Able fire room.
Small world. I was a RIO and Avionics branch officer in VF-151. If you have a cruise book I should be in there.

I have an octagenerian neighbor who has a photograph, one of those old composite panoramic ones, of the Midway in New York harbor in 1945. When I asked him about it he said he got it when he was on the Midway! What are the odds two Midway sailors would live right next to each other?

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach

Thanks guys! And a salute to those who have gone before. Hooyahhh! Go NAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS