A few of my turnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
OK I suck, but I enjoy it and hope to improve over time. Just wanted to show ya'll some of my hackery. Thanks for looking, Dave:smile:
firstbowlturningpics002.jpg

Avaand3rdturningpics026.jpg

Hope the pics ain't too large

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
They look good to me :biggrin:. Anyway thanks for the pictures, one more point to push on in getting Sonja on here (Someone is posting in the turning area).

She just started turning, but seems to be enjoying it. Having her around the shop and enjoying herself will be nice. I bought her a cheap lathe a couple weeks ago. Then a grinder and now we are on to better tools... looks like chucks after that and I hear more money draining out as I type.

Besides we need to inflate the membership numbers for Steve :wink:.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, turning is great, immediate gratification, and for the most part the wood tells you what it wants to be. Nobody can say "that doesn't look like the plan/picture". I am kinda at the same point as her, need better tools. I have reached the limit of the bowl work that I can do without a good bowl gouge, but they are so expensive. Tell her to come around and post some pictures of her work because the more posts there are, the more people will post. Dave:smile:

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Yup, I'm going to. I've been bugging her for a while now.

BTW Someone <anonoumous source> mentioned that there might be a sale on gouges/chisels/etc at Woodcraft this weekend, but I haven't seen a mailer. If you get one or see anything please post it :).

sapwood

New User
Roger
cloudancer said:
BTW Someone <anonoumous source> mentioned that there might be a sale on gouges/chisels/etc at Woodcraft this weekend, but I haven't seen a mailer. If you get one or see anything please post it :).

Last mailout I received was end of August. Perhaps toolferone will note your question and respond. The sale (August 27-Sept 30) is mostly for router stuff and 10% off DeWalt products. At 1pm on Saturday they have a free "Router Use" demo. Careful persual reveals no ads for gouges/chisels except Pen Mill Set.

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I was there this afternoon, just killing time, and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me (sale/special wise). I always drool over the turning tools everytime I go in there. Dave:smile:

Red Sonja

New User
Sonja
DaveO said:
I was there this afternoon, just killing time, and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me (sale/special wise). I always drool over the turning tools everytime I go in there. Dave:smile:

We were there before a couple of weeks ago, I was looking at some of the turning tools, and whoever it was behind the counter at the time told me there was going to be a sale on them started 9/10. Don't know how much of a discount, what all is on sale, or how long it lasts, that's all he said. Suppose I need to go by there and find out. :biggrin: Will post if I find out anything.

-Sonja

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The manager and a few people who work there are members here...tooferone chismbuilt and someone else whom I can remember, maybe a PM would result in the best information. They should post their sales here, so we all know about them. That is one purpose of this forum. Dave:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS