a desk for the grand babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
this is the project of the week. akchooally about 4 days worth!:gar-La; this is the lower half. the upper will get done later.... maybe next week
kidesk4.JPG

kidesk2.JPG

there are a couple more pics in my gallery. this is quartersawn sycamore from jeff and scott. its pretty and it has a nice sweet smell when its worked.:nah:

J

jeff...

Nice Desk Fred - Come on Sycamore don't smell that bad - not near as bad as black walnut :tongue2:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Interesting base trim, Fred. What can you tell me about it? So I can copy it!

you'll have to ask jwest bout that!:gar-La; the bases were a freebie that he donated a while back. I had to extend em a little to make the desk deeper but I believe they were made at a cabinet shop that sold out. I hate to see good wood go to waste!:rotflm:I have 1 left in that size you can copy if you like. 1 is an odd number so I doubt I will find a use for it. There are also 3 larger ones still out there but I gotta hold on to them a while to see if they SPEAK to me!:icon_thum

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I was going to ask about the bases. I was wondering if you had a design incident or something.

How was the sycamore to sand and finish? You do your usual and spray lacquer?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I was going to ask about the bases. I was wondering if you had a design incident or something.

How was the sycamore to sand and finish? You do your usual and spray lacquer?

gotta use the free stuff! its the only way I can afford this habit er um hobby!:gar-La; the bases were not as strait or flat as I would have liked but it was a non profit job [aren't they all?] and its much better than the walley world partical board garbage they were using!:icon_thum the laminate was free also thanks to Mr. west.:icon_thum but then I put it on BORG birch ply that was as wavy as the atlantic in january but it didnt turn out too bad.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Next time you've got a fresh roll of bytes in your camera, maybe you can snap a couple of close ups of a base? Straight look down, left and right corners at eye level, and put them on the thread.
Thanks,
Joe

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I would say you really excel for the Grandbabies, but it would not be true as you continually pump out this stuff to make all of us novices feel bad!! Good on Ya!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Just don't get to cocky jes 'cause you din haf two use no majik tape on this one!!:rolf:

Go

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Next time you've got a fresh roll of bytes in your camera, maybe you can snap a couple of close ups of a base? Straight look down, left and right corners at eye level, and put them on the thread.
Thanks,
Joe

no problem joe. I'll try to get em up tomorrow afternoon.

fred

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
It looks great Fred, what are the overall dimensions on it ?

Thanks,
Jimmy:mrgreen:

thanks jimmy. its 7' long 34" high and 20" deep. thats kinda shallow for a desk but its for kids and has to fit in a particular space. if I make it any deeper it wont fit in the closet!:rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Thanks,
Joe

here ya go joe.
SUNP00041.JPG

SUNP00031.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS