A Danish Coffee Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
It's been awhile since I shared a design I've been working on. Here's something I'm thinking about for our 3-season porch. It's based on a piece from Denmark c. 1960. I'm considering reworking the top to have sort of molded breadboard ends. The center section of the top would be maple ply with edging applied.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Molded breadboard end? Seems like you run a risk of wood splitting when bending across the grain. I really like the design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick M

New User
Rick
Care to elaborate? (edit; about molding the breadboard ends)

What was edited in my previous post? No reason was given in the PM but it was edited twice.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
The breadboard ends would be cut out of thicker stock and shaped (molded) to curve up. The top could still be plywood with edging although I would be inclined to use solid--bookmatched curly maple for the top.

My apologies on the edits. I inadvertently hit the Edit button under your post (Moderator's tool) instead of reply and typed my reply. After posting it it, I realized I'd changed your post instead of adding my own so I fixed it.:eek:

Rick M

New User
Rick
Gotcha, I took 'molded' to mean bent lamination. Well I hope to see pictures when the table is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS