A couple recent turnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I had a mulberry die at the edge of my yard last year so I cut it 3 weeks ago. I took a couple pieces in to school for my students to turn and decided to turn a bowl from it to. It is 8" across the long side of the bowl. The bark was already falling off so I didn't try and leave any. I just wanted to see how thin I could take this bowl. Not only does light go this bowl, but it is very easy to bend. I could feel the sanding pad thru the thing while I was sanding it. The scoop is out of cherry and the result of a demo I did for one of my classes.
Jack
100_1612.jpg

100_1604.jpg

100_1610.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Re: A couple resent turnings

Wow! Nice work Jack! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You should get an illuminated table top to put the mulberry bowl on. :widea:

woodArtz

New User
Bob

Very cool turnings. I like the scoop, man. That looks like a fun project. :icon_thum

Dragon

New User
David

Wow! Nice work Jack! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You should get an illuminated table top to put the mulberry bowl on. :widea:
+1 on those thoughts. Great job and beautiful wood on both of them.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken

Hey beautifull work there Jack,but I got a question,??? why do you resent them :dontknow: :dontknow: I kinda like em :wink_smil :gar-La;

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks for the compliments eveyone. The scoop is realy not that hard, I watched a video clip on making it and have made many since with little trouble. Knowing when to stop turning out the inside is the hard part since it is mounted in a jam chuck that doesn't allow one access to the outside of the scoop to judge the thickness. Here is the link to the site. There are many great video's for turning here. You have to look for the arrow at the right top in the tan section and and use it to scrow to the right until you find AAW. This arrow is right under where it says (The Worlds Workshop) Click on the AAW box and enjoy the video's. One has to scroll toward the bottom of the AAW list to find the scoop video which is done by Soren Berger.
Thanks again,
Jack
http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/do...eo_library.php

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I like the scoop a lot Jack. I tried to make a siliar one with a hodling 'jig'. Thing liked to ate my fingers. You'd think at my age I'd be able to learn through positive reinforcement. ie. - doing it right doesn't hurt. Doing it wrong again does - every time.......
That mulberry piece is very sweet. Seems I turned some ages ago and it also was somewhat pliable, but I turned not quite that thin. Nicely done~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS