A couple of pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I've had a chance to turn a couple of pens the past week one for me and one for a customer.

2011-10-17_22_14_10.jpg

View image in gallery

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Kevin, those both came our real good. :icon_thum:icon_thum The duck inlay is really cool looking, how much more of a pain is that over a "regular" blank? Any extra pitfalls or attention that has to be paid when turning something like that?

Brian.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Kevin, those both came our real good. :icon_thum:icon_thum The duck inlay is really cool looking, how much more of a pain is that over a "regular" blank? Any extra pitfalls or attention that has to be paid when turning something like that?

Brian.

Brian,

The pheasant came from Kallenshaan Woods it was a little tricky getting all the parts in there and getting it glued up. You can't use a barrel trimmer on the ends so it took forever getting the ends sanded to the brass. As far as turning just take REALLY light cuts.. Thankfully it's already round so it doesn't take long to turn maybe 15 - 20 mins taking your time and using seriously light cuts.. They are expensive blanks and I REALLY didn't want to have to buy a second one. Other than that they turn great and I will be getting more from him in the future. The wife wants the puzzle pen one. :)

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
They look great,the pheasant is a keeper. Got to be tricky for the fellow to do inlay that small.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors