A Couple of Great Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommGuy107

New User
Dan
Just picked up a couple of new (well...new to ME) books this week.

The first, "Bandsaw Handbook" by Mark Duginske is crammed full of useful information on setup, techniques, safety, and even projects for any bandsaw owner. I could easily recommend it to any woodworker - not just for the bookshelf, but for practical reference purposes.

The other was recommended by another NCWW member. "The Art of Segmented Turning" by Malcom Tibbetts contains a wealth of useful tips and techniques for crafting some of these most intensely creative pieces you've ever seen. If you've ever attempted a segmented piece that wasn't quite right, or you want to try it for the very first time, this is the one book you should pick up.

Not selling books...just thought I'd share! :)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes Dan,
Those are both good.

I am a Huge fan of Richard Raffan.
The books were good, the DVD's better, but the combination is the right solution (if you can't take a class and get training "live")

Another GREAT turning author is Mike Darlow

Keith Rowley's "Woodturning: A foundation Course" is a REALLY good one to have on your shelf!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan,
It is not quite the same, but you can look at the transcript...

CommGuy107

New User
Dan
Yes Dan,
Those are both good.

I am a Huge fan of Richard Raffan.
The books were good, the DVD's better, but the combination is the right solution (if you can't take a class and get training "live")

Another GREAT turning author is Mike Darlow

Keith Rowley's "Woodturning: A foundation Course" is a REALLY good one to have on your shelf!

Thanks, Hank! You gave me good advice before, and I'll look these guys up, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS