A better flashlight for a better mousetrap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hey all,

Sometimes, in the course of human events, a toy comes along that is too slick to pass by.

I plan to order mine tomorrow from the local hardware store, Dual Supply in Hillsborough (Shameless plug for a real honest to goodness hardware store).

Found the video on Fine Homebuilding from the International Builders Show.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?TYPE=PRODUCT&CATEGORY=HAND+TOOLS&PARTNUMBER=95-112

The interactive demo is pretty slick.

Jim Campbell

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that is a well designed flashlght. I can definitely see how that could come in very handy. The LED lights are so efficient, they are really putting a hurting on the battery business. I wonder if it would run with rechargable NiCad batteries.

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cool.........I wonder how long it took them to design it. They incorporated a lot of nice features into that flashlight.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
There is an LED kit for the mini-Maglights that I have considered picking up. I have a few LED flashlights, and I feel the light is a little strange feeling.... so I am not sure if this is something I want to get. looks neat though.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
NCPete said:
I have a few LED flashlights, and I feel the light is a little strange feeling....quote]

Have you been spraying lacquer in an enclosed space again....you're feeling the light:drunken_s :drunken_s ...just don't go into it:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I think you mean LSD lights :-0

I tried one of those kits for the mini-maglight, it was very dissapointing. I got it from Real Goods. It was an LED and a white plastic cone to replace the shiny cone.

In the end, I put the shiny cone back in with the LED and it was better, but didn't strike me as worth the cost.

Speaking of LED, Woodworkers supply now carries a line of LED pucks light that is more fun than a barrel full of greased halogen monkeys.....

Jim

MarkW

New User
Mark
Saw this at Walmart last night. I believe it was in the 22.97 range. Almost pulled the trigger, but didn't. Still a nice design though.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
That's a pretty slick flashlight. Speaking of LEDs for a Maglite. I read somewhere that MAGLite was putting out a version of their light with LEDs this year.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I've got another light like the mini-MAG that I carry in my car. It has a push button on the side, much better light than the mini-MAG, and the batteries last longer, too. I keep wondering why I carry the mini when I have that, then I remember that I am likely to lose any small tool I have in my line of work, so I keep the mM in its holster. Probably the last of its sort I will buy, especially with a bad report on how the LED kit works in it.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I have one of the Mini Mags that seems to work pretty good and I haven't had much issue with loss of battery power. I also have a couple of LED lights that some vendors were handing out at a conference I went to. One of them is made by Surefire and boy is that thing bright. It has a nice scalloped end on it that would make for a great persuader if the need ever arose.

D L

chris99z71

New User
Chris
If you want a real flashlight...on sale right now for $106...
I woudn't trade mine for anything and I'm sure Dullblade will agree (you can see his in his avitar pic)
20030211053839_Photo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS