6" Jorgey clamps for 20

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
`They are not with the other clamps in the tool area in our local store. Looks like I'll have to confer with an "associate.";) Thanks.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I have been to 3 Lowes stores in the triangle and have not seen them at all in any of the stores

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I found mine with the help of a tool helper in the back of the store. They were there for a while before I was the first person to ask about them. I read the above entry and decided to get a few.

They are worth the trouble of looking around.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
After my own comment about Aldi's chisels I stopped at the S. Durham Lowe's and picked up 3 more 6-packs of the clamps before they dissappear. That gives me 42 of these now and should hold me for a while.

Now I'm going to have to reevaluate my wall storage for clamps and probably break down and consolidate all my different clamps onto a rolling rack.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
`They are not with the other clamps in the tool area in our local store. Looks like I'll have to confer with an "associate.";) Thanks.

Barry, Didn’t think about it, but here in our Virginia store, they weren’t anywhere near tools or clamps. They were in an odd area near the end of an aisle. Sort of towards lumber but not in lumber.

Odd merchandising placement.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
If anyone close to the University Pkwy store in Winston-Salem wants a set of these, I found them in the large center aisle at the end of aisle 16

DavidK

New User
David
I feel like I am Ahab hunting the white whale. I have visited the North Durham store (web site says the have 19) and the Chapel Hill store (web site says they have 14) and have talked to a bunch of associates at both stores and nobody can find them :(

DavidK

New User
David
Ha! I found them in the North Durham store. They are in aisle 46 (moulding section of building materials) near the back wall.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Congratulations on your persistence.

The first time I looked in the S. Durham Lowe's I got lucky with an assistant who stuck with it until he found them. A week later I went back for more and they'd moved them. I eventually found them. It helped to know what the display looked like that time.

Maybe it's a plot to make us search the whole store - and find more stuff to buy.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
So what’s the going NC price on these?

Original post was $20, but it looks like they go for more.

If someone posts a picture of a $20 tag, I’ll try showing it at my store. Can’t imagine many are moving out the door at $49 a box.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I just bought my second pack of 6ea clamps. They are not being sold for 20 in my area Durham. On my second visit to Lowes, I stopped at the service desk and got some advice from the person at the desk about the sale.
The clamps are being discontinued at Lowes in the near future. She said they were on sale at 11-12 stores between Durham and Raleigh. I asked her to check the price at a few stores in Charlotte and she told me they were reduced to 29 dollars from 49.

She told me if I found a 20 dollar price in NC at a Lowes she would honor the price but not add on a 10 percent reduction. I did not have time to waste on the 9 dollar difference. I came back and checked the Lowes on Albemarle: same price 29.98

If you need a price check at any store in NC they are all advertising 29.98 reduced from 49.98 for a 6 pack.
You can check on line and verify the cost so you don't have to pay the higher price.

These clamps are not the mushy types like you get from HF. They are good quality and they work well.

(in all Raleigh stores)

(durham)

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Thanks Dan!

Looks like my favorite Lowes (which is 25 miles south but across the street from the Sonic) now has 37 of these at $29 a box.

FWIW, for anyone that can’t find these Jorgensen, I compared my vintage Chicago Adjustable Clamp 3700s to the similar grade of Bessey clamp, and the Bessey is better than the vintage US made Jorgensen.

I don’t have the current Jorgensen 3700, so those may also be very good.

I can give the Bessey version a very high recommendation and HD has a 4-pack (12” and 6” combo) for around $15 a box.

I have given some crazy horrible mistreatment to the Bessey version, and mine are still like new.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS