mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Just found this at Lowes for 20 bucks
15600010134745270322203736059480.jpg

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Are these bar clamps or pipe clamps? Its a great price if they can be adapted on a pipe. Let me know please

Dan

llucas

luke
Senior User
These look like a new design of the old #3706 with a much better (easier grip) handle...a great deal at $20....not bad at $29 either.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
$29.00 at our local Lowes, they were $49.00. Not bad for Jorgensen.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up 4 packs, 24 clamps. Just what I need for some case work upcoming. $29.98 here in Durham and then $3 off each pack with veteran's discount so split the difference.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I can never have enough clamps and these are very well made in my view. I have a half dozen or so clamps like these from HF and they are just not very well made and I always wonder if they are tight enough when used.

The Jorgy has a great securing lock on the adjustable end of the clamp. It works as advertised - not spongy.

If you need some quality clamps for small work, you will be happy with these for sure.

Thanks for posting Mike.

Bryan S

Bryan
Do these pads mar the material like some older clamps did? I remember the first Jorgenson bar clamps I bought left orange spots on the work piece where the pads were. Their quick grip version left black marks where the pads set.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I have always used a scrap piece of wood between the clamp and the surface I don't want to damage. The clamps this size(6") are handy for working alone in the shop and not having another pair of hands.

Another clamp I have for a dollar each at HD are spring clamps. I must have 24 of these hanging around the shop and the garage. If you look next time you're there, you'll see the HD brand for 3ea and the dollar types next to them. I see no difference.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I used a half dozen of these new Jorgies to clamp a new outboard fence coplanar to my miter saw's fence using a 4-foot aluminum level this weekend. Loosened the saw's fence and aligned the whole fence system at once making sure the whole thing was 90 degrees to the blade. Perfect size clamps for that little operation.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
If you want you can say you saw them in a Lowes in Durham NC for 29,98 and I think they will honor that price. I have asked them to check other stores like HD and when they find they are higher they give you a 10 percent reduction to the lower price.

If you want to get a couple sets, it seems worth the try.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I have checked our local Lowes (Mayodan) and even though the Lowes web site indicates they are in stock at this store, I cannot locate them. The web site does not state which isle/bin where they are located. Where are they in your Lowes? Thanks.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I have checked our local Lowes (Mayodan) and even though the Lowes web site indicates they are in stock at this store, I cannot locate them. The web site does not state which isle/bin where they are located. Where are they in your Lowes? Thanks.

I had to ask in Durham. We finally found them completely on the other side of the store from tools and other clamps in an aisle display box near major appliances. Don't know if the guy knew what he was talking about, but he said they don't normally carry Jorgensen clamps like these. If true then they must be a special purchase and I wouldn't be surprised if once sold out there won't be more any time soon.

Sort of like finding those cheap chisels at Aldi's

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
They were in the main aisle by the cash registers

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS