59-1/2" Band Saw Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
After 20 years of service, my benchtop band saw bit the dust. The Blade Tension Housing (pot metal) broke today and, of course, being a Delta that part is no longer available through ereplacements.com. I have searched for the past two days with no luck of finding that part.

So if someone out there has a use for 8 brand new (still in the packaging) 59-1/2 band saw blades, let me know - they are free for the taking.

3 each 6 TPI blades; 3 each 15 TPI blades; 2 each 18 TPI blades.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, I normally use the benchtop when I am handling pieces smaller than 9" wide and no more than 3" inches thick. Usually, this is for items that I am going to throw on the lathe. It was faster than pulling out my larger band saw and setting it up.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Raymond, what part specifically do you need? I just parted out an old (probably about 20+ years?) Delta 9" bandsaw - I think the model was 28-150 - not sure on that though. If mine is same as yours, I'd be glad to sent you the parts you need.

A picture of what is needed might be useful to insure it's the right one...

HTH,
Chris

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Chris, the part is called the Tension Housing (78 and 76). The housing broke right where the pin (77 and 77A) connected the upper and lower housings together.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tension Housing.jpg
    Tension Housing.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 188

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Roger that Raymond. I think I have those parts, I'll check when I get home. PM me your address and I will mail them off to you.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
A big THANK YOU to Chris (CDPeters) for sending me the parts to repair my benchtop band saw. Chris is one of the reasons NCWW is so outstanding!

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Glad to help out Raymond and glad they were the right parts. I literally stripped those parts the day before your original post - talk about the stars aligning!

Cheers,
C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS