4x8 sheet size CNC near RDU?

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
I'm interested in building a new set of work benches based around the Paulk bench / MFT style with a lot of precision holes on the top. Looking at various jigs and such to do it myself, but figured I would see if there is anyone nearby or reasonably priced options to get a full sheet CNC'd with the holes. I'm in Cary for proximity sake.

Also trying to decide on material, especially with the cost of plywood up so far right now. I don't typically like raw MDF due to moisture/swelling but maybe it is the right choice with a sealer of some type for this project and current economics of plywood costs.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have a 4x8 CNC in Lexington currently cutting 3/4 cabinet parts. If you have CAD drawings of the parts, the cost isnt very high ( it takes longer to load the sheet than cutting it typically) . As for Plywood, for some reason, 3/4" cabinet grade plywood hasnt really suffered hard increases in cost, I guess its because the demand for that hasnt really increased and it does typically come from different suppliers. Let me know if I can help.

Attachments

• IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 148

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
I have a 4x8 CNC in Lexington currently cutting 3/4 cabinet parts. If you have CAD drawings of the parts, the cost isnt very high ( it takes longer to load the sheet than cutting it typically) . As for Plywood, for some reason, 3/4" cabinet grade plywood hasnt really suffered hard increases in cost, I guess its because the demand for that hasnt really increased and it does typically come from different suppliers. Let me know if I can help.

Nice CNC! I wish I had the space for a cool toy like that.

I'm going to start playing with the design more. What format CAD drawing would you need to cut from?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Bill, Tom at Tarheel Filing has a 5x10 CNC router. He's over at Tower Shopping Center area, in East Raleigh.

Roy G

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS