48" Exhaust Fan Needed ASAP!

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
we are looking for a 48" commercial exhaust fan to fit into an existing cut out inside the Furniture School. Thought I might send this out to the group and see if anyone has one they might donate or sell for a decent price. They are expensive new but lots of commercial buildings, farms, etc. take them out of service and/or have them in surplus.
thanks!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Just FYI, when getting a exhaust fan for a building like that you need about 5-10 air changes an hour.

I apologize if you know this already, in case you do not.

To determine volume of the room use this calc length x width x height x Qty of air changes. So...... e.g. room is 25 x 50 x 12 ft tall x 7 air changes = 105,000 divide by 60min =1750 cfm fan

So, you would need a 1750 CFM fan. if it was 5 air changes/hour then it would equal 1250cfm fan.

Remember to check the voltage feeding the old fan can be 120 or 220 or possibly 3ph 208. Those are the most typical.

make sure you match you new fan to what elec power you have, trying to change the supply voltage can get pricey.

Good luck.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Just FYI, when getting a exhaust fan for a building like that you need about 5-10 air changes an hour.

I apologize if you know this already, in case you do not.

To determine volume of the room use this calc length x width x height x Qty of air changes. So...... e.g. room is 25 x 50 x 12 ft tall x 7 air changes = 105,000 divide by 60min =1750 cfm fan

So, you would need a 1750 CFM fan. if it was 5 air changes/hour then it would equal 1250cfm fan.

Remember to check the voltage feeding the old fan can be 120 or 220 or possibly 3ph 208. Those are the most typical.

make sure you match you new fan to what elec power you have, trying to change the supply voltage can get pricey.

Good luck.

thank you, I am aware of the formula. However, I am scouting around for the highest airflow possible, as I can only install one fan. The space is 75 x 40 x 16. So then 75 x 40 x 16 x 7 = 336,000/60= 5600

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Super if you can get away from the "mushroom" or utilize what housing they already have then you could go with something like this :

Search Result

if not, for new fans per are roughly 25-30 cents per cfm

thank you, I am aware of the formula. However, I am scouting around for the highest airflow possible, as I can only install one fan. The space is 75 x 40 x 16. So then 75 x 40 x 16 x 7 = 336,000/60= 5600

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
headed to Augusta next week..

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
headed to Augusta next week..
Patterson fans are excellent, but that isn't the right one for this application. We keep at it. thanks

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
headed to franklin next week...

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Nice , make sure he posted the elec correctly. 3 phase 220 is typical for Europe not here. He might mean something different. Have the seller send a pix of the ele plate on the motor to verify

rutherfordlorin538

New User
Red
we are looking for a 48" commercial exhaust fan to fit into an existing cut out inside the Furniture School. Thought I might send this out to the group and see if anyone has one they might donate or sell for a decent price. They are expensive new but lots of commercial buildings, farms, etc. take them out of service and/or have them in surplus.
thanks!
I may have 2 of these fans ler me check with my husband and ill let u know ASAP

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS