45%-Off Microjig GRR-ripper GR-230LG

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I wish I hadn't bought my second one during the last sale posted here. I could have gotten it with the 1/8" leg for a few dollars less.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I am still glad I went ahead and purchased; there will always be more sales. This deal might have made me think about going for the 230 instead. I paid a little under $45 for the 100 including shipping. This deal is $72 (with shipping). I could get the upgrade kit for less than the difference, or about the difference with shipping. So it means the 1/8" leg is free. I am not sure I would ever want to rip with less than 1/4" between the blade and fence.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Thanks!

I've been watching my fingers the last few weeks while the words of all the Grr- ripper advocates ran through my mind. Kind of felt like its only a matter of time.

"Save time, money and fingers" now that's a pitch that's hard to resist.
Took the plunge today.

These boats require a lot of ripping of looong 3/8 x 3/8 strips.
I'll feel a lot better than with just feather boards and a push stick.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Got 'em!

They arrived here on Friday. Had a chance on Sunday to get them assembled. Used them for some table mounted routing.

These things are great. Very solid feel. They really grip the workpiece well, even when the workpiece is dusty.

Some of the boards I was working were slightly warped. With the GRR-Ripper I was able to apply good downward pressure to the board as it passed by the bit. Got a nice even round-over along the entire length of the boards.

Assembly took a little time, but was not difficult. I like the attention to detail in the design. Little things like little rubber grommets to hold the screws in place when you remove optional pieces.

This is really a nicely designed tool. I can see using them on the tablesaw, router table, bandsaw maybe even my Ridgid OSS to hold smaller pieces.

The Peachtree kit includes some nice accessories like the larger stabilization plate, the 1/8" leg, the handle bridge and the deflector connector.

Garage-Shop_261.JPG

View image in gallery

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
Got 'em!

They arrived here on Friday.
I'm still waiting! :cry_smile I ordered mine last Tues, but it didn't ship til today. I had a ripping project on Saturday, but had to do it the ol' fashioned way.

Good to hear your opinions on it. Look forward to getting mine.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I'm still waiting! :cry_smile I ordered mine last Tues, but it didn't ship til today. I had a ripping project on Saturday, but had to do it the ol' fashioned way.

Good to hear your opinions on it. Look forward to getting mine.

You won't be disappointed. Great tool, IMHO.

TN Woodie

New User
John
From experience, be careful and don't drop these things. The attachments will break off. That being said, I ordered another one on this deal.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Looks like this deal is over :(

I'd swear I bought one, but now I can't find any confirmation of it. Probably thought "do this tonight when you get home"...and then forgot. Well, next time, then.

CarvedTones

Andy

I'd swear I bought one, but now I can't find any confirmation of it. Probably thought "do this tonight when you get home"...and then forgot. Well, next time, then.

What a stroke of bad luck... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I am trying really, really hard to feel your pain. :jealous:

sawduster

New User
Robert
I talked to them today, having ordered mine over a week ago without hearing anything . My card has not been charged yet ( they charge when they ship ) so I figured I just missed out and they ran out of inventory. Turns out they had over 800 ordered ! :eek: As a result they are behind in shipping but the really good part is that they contacted the manufacturer and will honor every order placed before the deadline :icon_cheers they send them out as they get them in so many orders , while delayed , will definitely be filled :icon_thum If you've got a confirmation number, you will be shipped :banana:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
A box from peachtree arrived on Friday. I assume it's a pair of grr-rippers but I've not had a chance to open them yet. Been chasing the kids all weekend.....

CarvedTones

Andy

OK, here is a more polite answer than my last greenie meanie... :mrgreen:

Take a look at ToolNut.

No, it isn't quite the deal that Peachtree was running, but with those prices and free shipping it isn't that far off depending on what pieces are important to you (would you really use the 1/8" leg? If you wear safety glasses, what's the point of the deflector?).

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
OK, here is a more polite answer than my last greenie meanie... :mrgreen:

Take a look at ToolNut.

No, it isn't quite the deal that Peachtree was running, but with those prices and free shipping it isn't that far off depending on what pieces are important to you (would you really use the 1/8" leg? If you wear safety glasses, what's the point of the deflector?).

Not sure if I will use the 1/8" leg, time will tell.

I think the deflector will be nice. I don't have the blade guard on the saw so I'm hoping the deflector will keep some of the saw dust down on the table instead of all over me and everything behind me.

Also, it is a deflector/connector, used to connect two Grr-rippers together. Not sure if I'll ever do that either, but it might come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors