$45 Off 4 Pack 59" Clamps - Peachtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

decibel

New User
Patrick
I picked some up during their last clamp bonanza but missed out on the 59's so I picked up "a few".

Closest one sentence review I have is:

They are nice enough the only possible gotcha is the double spring clutch but I don't have the greatest forearm strength and the swivel handle is nice for me.

However don't try to be He-man with the handle or you will eventually break it. I popped a newline clamp (which is very similar) but I probably took it around 3 or 4 revoultions with the handle as lever. I did it more to see how much hey could take before snapping so take that for what it is.
The clutch is not that big of a deal when tightening but when backing them off you have to find the sweet spot in while loosening the clamp head them for it to easily slide back from the bar. Hard to explain but it's not really a dealbreaker for me.

They are some heavy boogers too. I'll let somebody else who has Bessy say more.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
They look like nice clamps. But, why would one need to turn the handle to get more clamping pressure? Granted I have a really good grip and high hand strength, but if you apply too much pressure with the clamp aren't you just squeezing all of the glue out?

decibel

New User
Patrick
They look like nice clamps. But, why would one need to turn the handle to get more clamping pressure? Granted I have a really good grip and high hand strength, but if you apply too much pressure with the clamp aren't you just squeezing all of the glue out?

Me and my wussy arms but I've had to crank the handle maybe 1 revolution when gluing up a panel. So maybe you could starve the joint but you'd probably bust the clamp head before getting that far. I didn't need more pressure when I busted mine was just being my normal destructive self :embaresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS