406 Not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickC

New User
Rick
I know i have not been on much recently, but I have encountered a problem trying to respond to Junquecol post about blank checks in the Off Topic Forum. I get the message:

[h=1]Not Acceptable[/h] An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/newreply.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Even if I try to send him a PM, I get this. Is there a problem somewhere, or did I miss some type of authorization setting or procedure?

Rick

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Just got the same message after posting my reply to the same thread. My reply did get posted.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
[h=1]Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format[/h]
HTTP 406

Getting it too with IE8

Wayne

RickC

New User
Rick
As it doesn't appear to be just me, my info:

Firefox 6.0.2
Windows XP SP3

I did log out and back in to see if it cleared the problem. It did not.

My reply did NOT take.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I'm stumped at the moment and much too tired to progress any further on this issue right now. For some reason something about this thread is preventing the main CSS stylesheet from loading as well has inhibiting some critical JavaScript from executing.

This could be related to the vbSEO rewrite rules... or there could be some corruption with regard to the thread in question -- We could try deleting the thread and asking participants to repost their comments to a new replacement thread.

Unfortunately, Steve is 'on the road' at the woodworking show this weekend. It would be great if someone a little more rested than I could pursue this issue further.

FlyingRon

Ron
I had some transient problem about an hour ago. It went away when I went back to the main page and reentered the forum.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
The problem should now be resolved.

For the curious, this site runs modsecurity2 and one of the rulesets for modsecurity was getting triggered by the presense of "mail-" ("kill-" or any number of other common command line utility names will also trigger the rule) in the URL and thowing a fit. Whenever it detects something it thinks might be harmful it throws a 406 error. I've modified the ruleset with regards to how it processes links with the words "mail" or "kill" in their titles.

Time will only tell if other threads trigger similar rules, but we've had this ruleset since August of last year and this is the first time this issue has come up, so hopefully this edit will keep us out of trouble.

For the concerned, there was no harmful content, just an overly cautious regular expression (rule) that was triggering because of the word 'mail-' in the thread's URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS