40" Bessey K-Body Clamp Deal * UPDATE w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I just purchased two Bessey 40" K-Body clamps for less than $31 each :tool:eek:n Amazon.com. I saw the announcement on SMC and jumped on it in time to get the last one in stock.:5sigh: You can order them at this price, but you'll need to wait a few weeks.

In case you weren't aware of it, Bessey is changing the design of the K-Body and the current versions are being sold out. Here is part of the announcement made on Lee Valley Tools:

K-Body Clamp Announcement
Bessey® has discontinued the present K-Body® clamp model. A redesigned model, termed the K-Body Revo™, will be available later this summer.

Here is a link to the Bessey K-Body Revo on their home site.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
re: 40" Bessey K-Body Clamp Deal * UPDATE w/ Pics

That's a pretty good deal. Looks like JET really shook up the parallel clamp market, lots of new stuff all of a sudden. Lowe's has the K-bodies on sale as well.

Any ideas on what the new Revo's will cost?

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Wait til you see the prices of the new Besseys! :tinysmile_cry_t: :tinysmile_cry_t: :tinysmile_cry_t: :tinysmile_cry_t:

Bryan S

Bryan

I saw that too. Of course right after I got back from Lowes with a pair.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member

From the looks of Bas' avatar; it appears that there may be a Bessey attached to one of his body parts and it's getting tighter and tighter.:gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Actually, that picture was taken when I heard about the price for the new model K-Body clamp. I think it's $43 for the 24" version :eek: !

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley

I see some similarities in the new Besseys and Gross Stabil which they bought out. For instance, the covers on the clamp faces are almost identical to the GS that I have. No sense in reinventing the wheel, just take the good points from what you have and improve on it. I don't have any that won't tighten up but I found out the hard way, don't wax the bar on the GS. They won't grip.

Mike
KR_popup.jpg

M

McRabbet

I ordered them at 8:30 this morning and they have been shipped already. :eusa_clap

I've never had a K-Body slip and I still think this is a good deal. As Bas pointed out, however, the 24" ones were way overpriced. :icon_scra Go figure! :dontknow:

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy

I was all fired up thinking I was going to steal some Bessey's at Lowes. The Lowes here has knocked off $5 each so it's not a real gloatable price. The 24" are marked down to $29.95 normally 34.95, and the larger ones are marked down $5 also. If they don't sell, they may mark them down even more........ :dontknow:

mkepke

Mark
Senior User

All too rich for my blood. I bought my first K-body (actually 8 of 'em) at the Lee Valley sale a couple years ago.

The last set I bought used..$100 for 4@ 24" and 4@ 40", plus some other stuff :icon_thum

-Mark

meika123

New User
Dave Snider

Some time ago, I bought a &#*$ load of Jorgensen's from my local Sears, and cleaned out my local Lowes store of all their Columbian clamps when they marked them down.
Honestly, I like them just fine, and the money I saved is fantastic. Only thing, mine are not the Cabinet Master Jorgy's, but who cares, they work great. I love the Besseys and the Gros Stabil's, but I don't need, nor can I afford them.

M

McRabbet

Came up from the shop this afternoon 'cause the dog was fussing about those darned Aliens landing in our front yard again...:widea:

Turns out, here's the source of his mutterings -- two big boxes sitting on my porch!

100_4762.jpg

I mean, BIG BOXES!

100_4763.jpg

And what was inside these 6.7 cubic foot monster enclosures?

100_4764.jpg

One 40'' Bessey K-Body Clamp per Box ....... and an 80 foot long strip of 24'' wide wrapping paper as packing material !! Please explain to me how Amazon.com can make any money with the idiots they have in their shipping department! In reality, I pity the UPS folks! Oh, in case I forgot, ther was a $0.00 Shipping charge -- FREE!

Total cost? $30.89 per box. Opening them? Priceless!! :rotflm:

Quick footnote -- these have the newer Bessey rubberized grip handle like the one shown on Mike's post above. Unlike my earlier K-Body clamps. Sweet.:tool:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
That's just wrong Rob. just wrong. but I guess you still ROCK!!! gotta go out and see if I can find a similar deal on the Cabinetmasters, LOML won't let me mix red and orange!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Congrats! I especially like the rubberized handles. I ordered a couple from your post, bought 4 98" off of a guy on SMC, and am thinking I wouldn't mind going to Woodcraft and getting some more 24's.

I wish the 31's, 50's, and 60's would go on sale!

M

McRabbet

I saw the deal on SMC for the 8-footers, but I don't have enough room in my shop to swing a cat... I wanted to get some more 24's, too and the Woodcraft deal looks good, but I've already stretched my tool budget beyond reason for this month with the Wixey TS Digital Fence Readout and these two clamps... Don't want to upset SWMBO ... :argue:

Now let's see, next month is only four days away, Hmmm...:eusa_thin

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
I just got 2 24" and 2 40" at Woodcraft in Greensboro for $129 - darn you for posting this!:gar-La;

J

jeff...

I saw the deal on SMC for the 8-footers, but I don't have enough room in my shop to swing a cat... I wanted to get some more 24's, too and the Woodcraft deal looks good, but I've already stretched my tool budget beyond reason for this month with the Wixey TS Digital Fence Readout and these two clamps... Don't want to upset SWMBO ... :argue:

Dang Rob you got a lot of fire place starter for the winter - man those are big boxes and lots of wrapping. Oh and YOU SUCK

sapwood

New User
Roger

Way to go, Rob!
Keep clamping down the deals and squeezing out the tool budget.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS