36 grit sandpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Folks when going through my sandpaper I found an almost full (50 sheets +- a few sheets) of Klingspor PL36 36 grit sandpaper. I have no idea when or were I came up with this. At the time only God & I knew, now only God knows. If you can use this stuff it's yours for the taking. Send me a message and I'll pony express it to you. If you're local drop by. I always like fellow woodworkers to chat with.

Pop
:D

Last edited:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
36 grit sandpaper is great for those occasions when you need to hog off a lot of wood in a hurry, such as when trying to rough out a shape or bring a very high section down closer to the level of the surrounding or even basic surface planing of a very uneven area
with a sander if you can't run it through a jointer or planer. So presumably that is what you had in mind at the time, but in day to day use it otherwise has very limited application in woodworking.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Folks when going through my sandpaper I found an almost full (50 sheets +- a few sheets) of Klingspor PL36 36 grit sandpaper. I have no idea when or were I came up with this. At the time only God & I knew, now only God knows. If you can use this stuff it's yours for the taking. Send me a message and I'll pony express it to you. If you're local drop by. I always like fellow woodworkers to chat with.

Pop
:D

Pop, is there any way you can increase the font size on your post? I notice your font size is considerably smaller than most other post. My old eyes just can't make out that fine print any longer. :help:

Thank You

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Pop, is there any way you can increase the font size on your post? I notice your font size is considerably smaller than most other post. My old eyes just can't make out that fine print any longer. :help:

Thank You
Some forum software allows the reader to disable alternate fonts in posts by others. Does this software allow that? I don't see it.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Hi Bill, Gosh Bill the font I'm using is huge. It's about twice the normal size. I can't see either. I'm setting the "Comic San MS" to size "1". It is an alternate face & size.

Pop

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
36 grit sandpaper is great for those occasions when you need to hog off a lot of wood in a hurry, such as when trying to rough out a shape or bring a very high section down closer to the level of the surrounding or even basic surface planing of a very uneven area
with a sander if you can't run it through a jointer or planer. So presumably that is what you had in mind at the time, but in day to day use it otherwise has very limited application in woodworking.

Glued to a flat board with spray adhesive, it makes a good rasp or leveler. Put a handle on top the flat board and it makes a great push block for running rough wood across a jointer.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
When I was first experimenting with woodworking in the early 1970s, I used a lot of shelving pine for projects. I tried something that worked well with my processes of the day. I sanded the top and sides with 36 grit then sanded that with 120 and applied the "walnut" stain. The grit grooves took the stain and mitigated the look of shelving pine quite well once I'd brushed on a gloppyurethane finish. Other than special texturing, I can't imagine a use for a grit that coarse. Sometimes I've come across great deals on "variety" packs of abrasives that included coarse grits, but I never used them either. Eventually storage space became precious so the seldom used coarse grits went away.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Hi Bill, Gosh Bill the font I'm using is huge. It's about twice the normal size. I can't see either. I'm setting the "Comic San MS" to size "1". It is an alternate face & size.

Pop

Is it possible you have magnification on? Your font is very tiny.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
looks like this to us

attachment.php

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 158

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan

Pop

Size "1" is the absolute smallest font size available in any font choice, the typical default font size falls around size "3", with "5" being the largest possible. Comic Sans, though an available font choice, is not an ideal font to use because it is not a universal font available on all platforms (it's also a much derided font in the design world, but that is a whole other story we could care less about), so on platforms that do not have access to that font it will be replaced with a generic Serif font (typically a Times Roman variant) that is a much lighter weight than Comic Sans.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
It's best and most courteous to leave fonts alone and adjust your own screen for better visibility. There's just no reason to change fonts. Plus, it's distracting.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Pop,

In NCWW on your computer go to the menu bar at the top and select Font, "Verdana" and size 3. That appears to be the default font/size on NCWW and what most of us see by default.

Yours looks like this: 63 grit sandpaper is a mystery and free to anyone who wants it.. Your Comic Sans font 1 reset to Verdana font 3.

and it should look like this: 63 grit sandpaper is a mystery and free to anyone who wants it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors