3/8 MDF

RobH

Rob
Corporate Member
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know where I can find 3/8 sheets of MDF? I am making kitchen cabinets. Doors will be 7/8 thick, rail and stile with a bead edge. I want the MDF panel to be flush with the back of the door, rabbeted to fit the groove in the rail and stile (using Whiteside 6003 bits). I made a sample with 1/2" MDF but once it was all lined up there is only a very slight (just more than 1/16) edge between the face of the door and the top of the bead. A 3/8 MDF center panel would allow be to move the panel a little deeper from the face of the door. I can't find anything at my usual go to suppliers - Hardwood store of NC and Capital city lumber. I am in Durham.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Is it too late to make the doors 15/16" or 1" to get the gap you are looking for?

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
Sounds like a product you are going to have to source from a sheet goods supplier to cabinet shops, like Wurth. Just as a FYI, Wurth is not mere mortal friendly.

Chaz

Chaz
Senior User
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know where I can find 3/8 sheets of MDF? I am making kitchen cabinets. Doors will be 7/8 thick, rail and stile with a bead edge. I want the MDF panel to be flush with the back of the door, rabbeted to fit the groove in the rail and stile (using Whiteside 6003 bits). I made a sample with 1/2" MDF but once it was all lined up there is only a very slight (just more than 1/16) edge between the face of the door and the top of the bead. A 3/8 MDF center panel would allow be to move the panel a little deeper from the face of the door. I can't find anything at my usual go to suppliers - Hardwood store of NC and Capital city lumber. I am in Durham.
Find someone with a large format CNC router and have them mill 1/8" off a sheet of 1/2" ?

RobH

Rob
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone. The kind folks at the hardwood store of NC informed me they can order 3/8 MDF for me!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS