2nd CHANCE PHENOLIC RUN!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce if you are still coming through Greensboro and can make a stop at the Moose Cafe like you mentioned earlier I would like to get a two 3'x5' sheets (one 3/4" and one 1/2"). Let me know if that works for you.

I will have your sheerts Saturday morning Jeremy. I expect to be at Moose Café around 930. Black Chevy Colorado with cap and black 5x10 lawnmower trailer. Thank you!

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Sounds good Bruce. I'll see you on Saturday. I'll send a PM with my cell phone in case you need to reach me for any reason. Thanks for putting this together.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Bruce,
Are you available for me to come to you tomorrow? I can meet you somewhere close to or at your house. My work schedule is crazy and is not going to get better anytime soon. I'll keep an eye on this thread and call you tomorrow.
Greg Bender

wwian

New User
Ian Worthington
My wife just bought me a new table saw this weekend. Please let me know if there's a 3rd chance phenolic run!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
My wife just bought me a new table saw this weekend. Please let me know if there's a 3rd chance phenolic run!

I do have a good number of inserts that have gone unclaimed so now it's first come first served. The selection is limited so the best bet is to bring your insert with you and compare. I have 1/2" and 3/4" sheets left up to 5' x 5' and under in various colors. I'm anxious to sell all I can before I move it to my barn and it becomes buried under lumber stacks. As far as another phenolic run goes, the market at NCWW is pretty much saturated. I made a promise to Ron Lee that I will not put any of this on Craigslist or Ebay, and I'll keep that promise. This material was intended only for NCWW members and that is where it has stayed. As I had stated at the beginning of this project, it's a once in lifetime offer, at least my lifetime.

wwian

New User
Ian Worthington
Hey Bruce!

Thank for the reply and all the updates.

After seeing how much acrylic would cost to make a couple of inserts, do I want to know how much the phenolic you are holding costs? I’m not overly concerned about a color, except maybe not pink.

I have a Delta 36-725 saw.

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Hey Bruce!

Thank for the reply and all the updates.

After seeing how much acrylic would cost to make a couple of inserts, do I want to know how much the phenolic you are holding costs? I’m not overly concerned about a color, except maybe not pink.

I have a Delta 36-725 saw.

1/2" is $5.00 per square foot, compare that with an 11"x17" piece from Woodcraft at around $28.00. I have it in 5'x5' sheets on down to cutoffs at less than a square foot. You can cut it with carbide saws and mill it with carbide cutters as well as drill and tap it. Can be glued with CA or epoxy. It makes great table saw jigs, drill press tables, table saw extensions, bench tops etc. The 3/4" is perfect for making a great router table. At $5 for 1/2" and $6 for 3/4" it is a bargain you will probably never see again.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS