2nd attempt at a goblet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Here is the 2nd goblet I've made to date. It was turned from an old piece of cedar given to me by a friend. An inclusion in the base was left in it due to the shape of the log. Thought about cutting it off and turning a separate piece then gluing them together but the wife said she liked it better the way it was.
I love turning cedar! Before I started I could not tell if there was any red in it. The outside ends were all the same brownish color. C&C welcomed. Cedar Goblet.jpg20160208_121211.jpg20160208_121254.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice - did you drill the inside at all or just use hollowing tools? Love the wood tones.

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Nice - did you drill the inside at all or just use hollowing tools? Love the wood tones.

Ken,
Thanks for the complement. I am fairly new at turning and only tried hollowing out a vessel twice so I did drill out to begin with. I need all the help I can get.
Sam

llucas

luke
Senior User
Sam, I really like that, especially the shape. That cedar really makes a beautiful goblet. Seeing this makes me want to find a chunk of cedar and crank up the lathe.
Thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS