2018 Klingspor Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
My bad! Fixed it. We may be able to play with a few people on Friday! Thanks for correcting me.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Folks it looks like we are in need of some more volunteers especially for Sat. A few people for only a few hours if that’s all you can spare we will take. This event supports our biggest sponsor so please let us know if you can come out. Thanks

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Well, fellow Extravaganza participants, it looks like I will not be available for this year's Extravaganza. I have recently had problems with my newly upgraded (2/28/2018) prosthetic hip and paid a visit to my orthopaedic surgeon this afternoon. An x-ray revealed that the retaining ring which holds my hip together has disintegrated and emergency surgery is necessary tomorrow. I would much rather be with NCWW volunteers in Hickory, but my health must take priority.

Many thanks to Berta and Frank for moving the NCWW trailer.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Re: 2018 Klingspor Exstravaganza

So sorry to hear this Barry. I wish you quick surgery and speedy recovery. You will be missed at the extravaganza!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Barry, you'll be missed but get your hip taken care of. Much more important. Good luck with the surgery and speedy recovery.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member

Barry, we will be thinking of you while you under go your surgery and recovery.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Hopefully the surgery will get you back to 100% very quickly. Keep us updated!

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Folks it looks like we are in need of some more volunteers especially for Sat. A few people for only a few hours if that’s all you can spare we will take. This event supports our biggest sponsor so please let us know if you can come out. Thanks

Do you want me to come Saturday instead of Friday?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
We want to thank Klingspors for having us again this year. I also want to thank everyone that volunteered this yr. We ended up with a couple new faces which was a blessing. Saturday we were busy and short handed but we survived. Demo’s by Berta, Richard, and Micheal were greatly received by the patrons. We look forward to being invited back next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
And don't forget Phil's great demo of Line and Berry inlay. People were still commenting on that piece long after he had to leave. Hope somebody took some pictures and can post them to prove this really happened.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I thought I remember going there but there are no pictures so it must not have happened

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
attachment.php

This is the only picture I had time to take. I do remember other people taking pictures, I just don't remember who. If you were there and took any pictures please post them. We did not have a dedicated photographer for this weekend. Hey but guess who is front and center for this one.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    654.8 KB · Views: 307

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I tried attaching some pictures but they wont upload. I can send them to one of you if you want to try. Phil I brought back your inlay board if you want it

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I tried attaching some pictures but they wont upload. I can send them to one of you if you want to try. Phil I brought back your inlay board if you want it

I left that sample board for folks to look at - it will make good firewood now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS