2018 Klingspor Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Re: 2018 Klingspor Exstravaganza

Are we meeting at Cracker Barrel on Fri am again this year?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

I thoughtwe met last year at 7:30....someone correct me ifthats not the correct time...

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Phil, I think that would be great. I don't see why you couldn't get power. I was thinking of bringing my pot instead of my titebonde

We've always had power for all our machinery back there. Additional power can be furnished by the HMC maintenance staff through drop cords from the ceiling they can hook up on Thursday before all the exhibits are setup.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

For demonstrations this is what I have. If I have missed something let me know.

Phil S will be there Friday morning until lunch demonstrating Line and Berry inlay.

Friday and Saturday

Greywolf is bringing his bench and demonstrating hand tool use. This will include Hand Cut Joinery, dimensioning, assembly, fitting and molding fabrication.

Michael Mathews is teaching Pyography. This will include a small item you can make and take.

Berta is demonstrating cutting Vinyl records and CDs on the scroll Saw and bevel cut inlay on the scrollsaw.

We will also have people teaching turning skills. We will have a couple of NEW Projects as well as the light sabers! We also have birdhouses and peg games for people to make.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

After standing up most of Saturday and loading everything in the car then unloading at three different places this morning I now realize I can’t possibly be on the concrete floor for 2-3 days of Extravaganza.

I’m very sorry and disappointed in myself but the fact is I need to be able to work and don’t believe I would be able after standing for so long.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member

Mike, I don't think anyone expects you to stay on your feet the whole time. If you choose to come out for the KE, we'll be happy to see you and I'm sure accommodate you with breaks or a seated task. If you just feel you'll be in the way, you'll be missed. Hope you feel better soon.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Micheal said everything I was thinking Mike. Hope wou feel up to coming

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

Do what you need to do. Your health is more important to us than anything. If you feel up to it come on! If not, put your feet up.
It’s cool.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member

Mike, I'm sure the group here would stand behind what ever you feel is right for you. Personally I feel if you came out that you should only stand when feel like it and take it easy on yourself. I also think we could use a few more volunteers to help man the stations, if even for a couple hours. This is really good event put on by one of our biggest sponsors. I think it's important to support this as well as the leadership of this community. I truly hope some folks can find it their hearts to come out and take part in this. It's fun, and you can help introduce someone to woodworking.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

It would really help if a few more members would help for just a couple of hours.
As it stands right now we need more people to help with the lathes. Either that or we will just be doing demonstrations, no guest participation.

Last edited:

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott

Do you have an updated schedule od the day with who will be volunteering those days and at what times?

I know I am there on Saturday morning for a few hours.

It would really help if a few more members would help for just a couple of hours.
As it stands right now we need more people to help with the lathes. Either that or we will just be doing demonstrations, no guest participation.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

Do you have an updated schedule od the day with who will be volunteering those days and at what times?

I know I am there on Saturday morning for a few hours.
We REALLY APPRECIATE you coming and helping! Rest assured you will be put to work!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

Help on the lathes is where I am worried. There is an extra helper for a few hours each day. I don’t want people to be stuck with teaching on the lathe hour after hour with no end in sight. I want everyone to enjoy the extravaganza. This is going to be fun, not work. We will be doing demos. We will be able to walk around and see the other booths. If we can get more help that would be great! Give it a try, this year will be a perfect year to try it out.

Friday

Dirk Gale
Chuck
Neal
Raymond

Saturday

Dirk
Chuck

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member