2011 Picnic Wood Run Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
One of the featured events at our picnic is a good old fashion wood run. This year is no exception. Scott Smith has agreed to bring quarter and rift sawn oak (red and white), ERC, burled white oak slabs, zebrawood, and cypress. While Scott plans to bring extra stock, he would like people to pre-order so he can make sure he brings the right mix.

To pre-order please send Scott a PM (scsmith42) or reply back to this thread.

This thread says Wood Run Part 1 as we are working to bring other wood suppliers. Check back often.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will start this off. I need roughly 60' linear of cypress that is at least 9" wide. I can be 4/4 or 5/4 or 6/4.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
CURRENT (5/10/11) DISCOUNT IS PERCENTAGE: 20% thanks to Manfre and McRabbit!

Folks, I am going to REALLY SWEETEN THE POT!

Since the Picnic is designed to bring NCWW members together while having fun, I’m going to offer up a “reverse raffle” discount on any lumber that is purchased from me at the picnic.

The way that a raffle normally works, the more tickets that you buy, the higher likelihood you will have of winning something. I’ve come up with a different twist on this.

The more lumber that folks sign up to buy, the greater discount that EVERYBODY will receive on their purchase! Thus, everybody wins no matter what!

Here is how it will work.

NCWW members typically receive a 10% discount off of my retail prices whenever they purchase lumber from me. So we will start with a 10% discount.

For the picnic, for every additional 300 bd ft of lumber that folks commit to purchase prior to the picnic, I will discount EVERYBODYS price by an additional 1%.

Prices will start based upon the 10% discount. As an example, 1200 bd ft of lumber reserved in advance will result in a 3% additional discount for everybody, or 13% discount total. 2,100 bd ft of lumber will equal a 16% discount, and so on. I will maintain this discount structure up to a total of 9,300 bd ft sold, capping it at a 40% discount.

The more folks buy, the more that everybody saves. How’s that for a deal?!

To sign up, please respond to this posting with your total board foot request and species, and send me an e-mail via NCWW with the details on widths, thickness, species requested.

Here is what is available – all dried and ready to use!

QSWO, 4/4 and 5/4 widths to 20", about 6000 bd ft available. Retail prices start at $4.08 per bd ft for 8” wide and narrower material. Wider boards are priced higher; $5.30 for 8” – 10”, $7.43 for 10” – 12”, call or e-mail me for prices on wider widths.

QSRO, 4/4 and 5/4 widths to 16", about 9000 bd ft. Same price as QSWO.

ERC, widths to 5". Retail price of $2.50 per bd ft.

Burled white oak slabs: Retail price of $12.50 per bd ft.

Zebrawood: Retail price of $6.00 per bd ft for high grade material, and $3.00 per bd foot for checked boards.

Cypress – about 1000 bd ft available in 4/4, 5/4, 6/4 and 8/4. Many wide boards. Prices start at $2.00 per bd ft for 10” and under, $2.25 for 10” – 14”, and $2.50 for 14”+. 8/4 Cypress is $2.50 per bd ft for 14” and under, and $3.00 per bd ft for 14”+. Bookmatched wide 8/4 boards available!

Here is the discount scale:

Bd ft sold, Discount%
0 - 300 = 10%
600 = 11%
900 = 12%
1,200 = 13%
1,500 = 14%
1,800 = 15%
2,100 = 16%
2,400 = 17%
2,700 = 18%
3,000 = 19%
3,300 = 20%
3,600 = 21%
3,900 = 22%
4,200 = 23%
4,500 = 24%
4,800 = 25%
5,100 = 26%
5,400 = 27%
5,700 = 28%
6,000 = 29%
6,300 = 30%
6,600 = 31%
6,900 = 32%
7,200 = 33%
7,500 = 34%
7,800 = 35%
8,100 = 36%
8,400 = 37%
8,700 = 38%
9,000 = 39%
9,300 = 40%

Scott

Last edited:

saw4you

New User
Jack
I will be unable to attend, but I have everything from cypress and cedar to 8/4 ambrosia slabs 20" wide kiln dried, cherry and walnut. Fred, if you are going maybe you could come by and get some lumber if it is not out of your way.

Jack

Ivey

New User
Ivey
I also will not be able to make it, I hope, and am sure that everyone will have a great time.
Hope folks can get in on this great deal that Scott had offered.
Scott, I'll not be needing any lumber at this time, but will let you know:gar-Bi
Have fun, be safe....

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bump.....

First come first serve. The first folks to order gets to pick first and down the line.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Just to have fun, I've just tossed in another 8% of discount. We're now at 19% discount.

Sure would like to see someone break the barrier and buy some QSO.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Just to have fun, I've just tossed in another 8% of discount. We're now at 19% discount.

Sure would like to see someone break the barrier and buy some QSO.
I'll break the ice and I'll give you a nice little business idea too, project kits. I'm assuming you have a subscription to wood magazine.

July 2011 wood magazine (Issue 205), I want to build the "Shaker Bench with storage" (pg. 70) from QSRO. Can you pick out wood for me as a project bundle? I don't know where to get Red oak plywood, so I figure I'll just glue up the shelf in addition to everything else. I'm also not very good at picking out wood, hence my desire to just grab a pre-picked stack with my name on it. :)

Same issue page 36, Potpourri box out of nice Zebrawood. it needs 2/4 material at least 5" wide, but I could resaw 5/4 and make twice as many!

M

McRabbet

Scott,

I'd like 150 BF of 4/4 QSWO in widths under 8". I'm driving my Ford Ranger, so I'd prefer stock that is no longer than 10 feet. as I'll have a 250 mile return trip home.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I'll break the ice and I'll give you a nice little business idea too, project kits. I'm assuming you have a subscription to wood magazine.

July 2011 wood magazine (Issue 205), I want to build the "Shaker Bench with storage" (pg. 70) from QSRO. Can you pick out wood for me as a project bundle? I don't know where to get Red oak plywood, so I figure I'll just glue up the shelf in addition to everything else. I'm also not very good at picking out wood, hence my desire to just grab a pre-picked stack with my name on it. :)

Same issue page 36, Potpourri box out of nice Zebrawood. it needs 2/4 material at least 5" wide, but I could resaw 5/4 and make twice as many!

Thx. I'll dig out my copy and see about determining the best project bundle. No problem re the shelf either, or the zebrawood. Thanks!

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
As of 5/10 the discount percentage is now up to 20% thanks to new orders from Manfre and McRabbit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS