2010 Spring Picnic Directions to and pictures of the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
The annual picnic on May 22 will be held at Southern Community Park in Chapel Hill. For those with a GPS, the address is 1300 Hwy 15-501, Chapel Hill. Directions are as follows:

From Raleigh/Cary - Take I-40W until you come to Exit 273B. Take that exit and cloverleaf around and you will be on Hwy 54 going towards Chapel Hill. Approximately 2+/- miles you will see an overpass. Go under the overpass and immediately cloverleaf to the right and you will be on Hwy 54/15-501. Approximately 2.1 miles, you will see a sign that says "Chapel Hill - Pittsboro 1/2 mile". Take that exit and turn left at the light at the top of the ramp. From the point at which you turn left, the park entrance will be 1.3 miles on the right which will be the first right after the light at Market St. You will see the sign "Southern Community Park North Entrance".

From areas west of Chapel Hill - Take I-40E until you come to Exit 270. Take that exit and turn right at the top of the ramp onto Hwy 15-501. Stay on 15-501 for approximately 5 1/2 miles. Take the exit "Chapel Hill - Pittsboro", turn left at the top of the ramp. From the point at which you turn left, the park entrance will be 1.3 miles on the right which will be the first right after the light at Market St. You will see the sign "Southern Community Park North Entrance".

From Hwy 64/Pittsboro area - Take Hwy 15-501N and drive towards Chapel Hill. I don't have the mileage from Hwy 64, but I would estimate it to be approximately 15+ miles. As you approach Chapel Hill, keep an eye out for a sign on the left that says Southern Community Park - South Entrance. That sign will be at a traffic light. Do not turn here. Continue several hundred yards to the next traffic light at Market St. and make a U-Turn (there is a concrete divider so you will have to make a U-Turn). The North Entrance will be on your right.

There is a very nice playground available for the kids. Pictures of the site are included for your information.

Canon_Photos_005.jpg

Canon_Photos_002.jpg

Canon_Photos_008.jpg

Canon_Photos_011.jpg

Canon_Photos_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Re: Directions to and pictures of the picnic site.

Thanks for the directions and pictures Stuart. I looked for it online one night and didn't come up with much. Looking forward to it. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS