20" disc sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have been looking for a deal on one of these for quite a while and found a great buy on Ebay on this sander. I had one of these before and sold it - big mistake. I replaced it with an oscillating edge sander and found I never used nor needed it so I am selling it. This is a real go to tool in the shop. This one is 19 years old in in excellent working condition.

IMG_1114.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can't believe it is 19 years old - it looks like it is in GREAT condition! (Good find)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Nice score! Those are so nice to use!

I've wanted one of those for a long time ... since working in WoodGuy's shop many years ago and using his. I almost pulled the trigger last month when I found a brand new, in the box Powermatic one on Craigslist for $1k about 45 minutes from my house. I ended up not doing it because the Powermatic doesn't have "reverse" which I've heard makes a huge difference in sandpaper life. I kinda regret it now! One of these days though!

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Jeremy

1k for a new Powermatic was a steal. I picked up this used Jet for half that. My previous sander was a 3 phase Powermatic with reversing switch. A 3 phase motor can easily be made to run in reverse by swapping two wires and if 3 phase power is not available, an inexpensive VFD can be added to convert it to single phase and also give you variable speed as well as forward and reverse. A VFD can also be programed with a motor brake which would be very useful as this disc free wheels for over twenty minutes. BTW, my first experience with this type of sander was also in John's shop while taking a chair class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS