1st Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

nblong

New User
Bruce
Finally finished my version of the Wood Magazine workbench. I added a laminated top over the MDF, beefed up the feet, and put 3" wheels on one end so I can move it around in my garage retreat. Maybe one day soon I'll even turn something!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice looking bench and a very Credible first gloat. Now may I be the first to say that You Rock.:eusa_clap
Now show us what you turn!!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice turning set up you have there. You are smart to turn your sharpening jig to the side. Mine is next to the lathe with the Wolverine jig coming straight out, I can't even count how many times I've ran into the V-arm when I have forgotten to push it back in:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great looking bench, nothing like combining two tools to conserve space. Mobility rules!

nblong

New User
Bruce
No, but it's heavy. The machinery alone is probably 150 lbs. The top is two sheets of 3/4 x 18 x 48 MDF glued and screwed together, the shelves are MDF, and the rest is 2x4s. The end opposite the wheels has two levelers so it doesn't appear to have any tendency to move about. I don't like to move it because it doesn't go anywhere easily but it can go if necessary. I'm certainly not an expert at turning but the whole thing seems very stable.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Very nice work man :icon_thum How do you guys do that ? :dontknow:

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS