18" Gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
The day has arrived, my Steel City 18" bandsaw is finally here! The saw actually arrived at the Raleigh woodcraft on Monday but the soonest I could arrange delivery was today.

IMG_8951_800x600_.JPG

Woodcraft has an arrangement with Nick Coronado to move large equipment

IMG_8955_800x600_.JPG

On the way to the shop...

IMG_8960_800x600_.JPG

Almost there...

IMG_8964_800x600_.JPG

Assembly time...

IMG_8966_800x600_.JPG

It is sooo nice to have a good helper!

The guys at Woodcraft actually pre-assembled mush of the saw including installing the blade and adjusting the guides.

IMG_8967_800x600_.JPG

Ready to get cuttin!

IMG_8971_800x600_.JPG

There was one small problem, during shipping from steel City to Woodcraft the top door was crushed. I am a BIG fan of Steel City but I must say there packaging department needs a bit of help. Not to worry, Herb at Woodcraft has already been in contact with Steel City and a replacement door is being sent to me.

Thanks Herb and the rest of the Woodcraft staff!

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
George, y'all took that down that hill on a dolly :new_shock:new_shock No skid-steer this time...you're getting brave.
I now see who taught your sone to GLOAT so well, you've got it down pat.
I reckon I'm the first one to give you a very hearty and most respectful YOU SUCK.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
:glasses9: Very kool!
I'm really looking forward to a report on the Steel City :thumbsup:

Roger

J

jeff...

U SUCK

be careful with that thing, they don't sell new arms at Walmart

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
George,
The shop is starting to look great, and congratulation son the new saw. It looks like your kids are going to get into woodworking, much like you did with your father, that is way cool !

Jimmy:)

ps. BTW You Suck !

GeorgeL

New User
George
George, y'all took that down that hill on a dolly :new_shock:new_shock No skid-steer this time...you're getting brave.
I now see who taught your sone to GLOAT so well, you've got it down pat.
I reckon I'm the first one to give you a very hearty and most respectful YOU SUCK.

Dave:)

Dave,

You should have seen me just over a year ago when I took the table saw down BY MYSELF! That was exciting!

George

Rocker

New User
John
George and Alex,
that's a great looking saw! And ....do I see a cyclone growing in the corner?
Congrats.
John

M

McRabbet

Congratulations:tool: and a big [banana][strike]YOU SUCK[/strike] [/banana] [banana]YOU ROCK[/banana]for the beautiful bandsaw! :tool:
Looks like Alex might be cutting a few turning blanks on that baby -- is he going for bowls next?

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeL

New User
George
George and Alex,
that's a great looking saw! And ....do I see a cyclone growing in the corner?
Congrats.
John

Thanks John,

It's not a cyclone but it is growing! I wanted to raise the motor to improve efficiency with the ductwork.

George

GeorgeL

New User
George
Congratulations:tool: and a big [banana]YOU SUCK[/banana] for the beautiful bandsaw! :tool:
Looks like Alex might be cutting a few turning blanks on that baby -- is he going for bowls next?

Yes, we will be busy cutting blanks for a while.

He wants to get into bowl turning but we need to check the market for that. :gar-Bi

George

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Congrats! Looks like a mean machine!!!

You keep adding tools and you are going to have the problem I do. No more space!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS