170" bandsaw blade needed

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
We have a hot project going and we need to get our hands on a 170" bandsaw blade ASAP. I have 4, brand new - 168" blades available. :(. Get the picture?
If you have a new 3/8" or 1/2" blade that you'd like to sell, please let me know. I'd be willing to drive an hour in any direction from Pittsboro to pick it up.
Thanks.
bobby g

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Chris,
That number is no longer in service. Any other ideas of how to reach him?
Thanks.
bobby g

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Chris,
That number is no longer in service. Any other ideas of how to reach him?
Thanks.
bobby g

When DanMart posted that link in 2016 the owner was 80 years old. He's probably out of business now.

Why do you need a 170" bandsaw blade and why do you happen to have 4 brand new 168" blades that won't fit on your bandsaw? Just curious about your hot project!

Last edited:

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
When DanMart posted that link in 2016 the owner was 80 years old. He's probably out of business now.

Why do you need a 170" bandsaw blade and why do you happen to have 4 brand new 168" blades that won't fit on your bandsaw? Just curious about your hot project!

My Felder FB 510 bandsaw takes a 4318mm long blade. When I converted mm to inches I used .039 for the factor rather than .03937. When multiplied by 4318 the error is significant. I have used .039 forever in situations where I was just approximating.

The hot project is a bed headboard for a bed that's in the middle of the room. Thus the back shows. My girlfriend and I came with the design on this 1/4 scale model. What you're viewing is the back.
headboard1.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS