15'' Porter Cable Drill Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanmarman2007

New User
Jody
Another new toy, I mean tool. I just bought a 15'' porter cable drill press (floor model) I am impressed. Depth stop is great, power is great. Thought I would never need a laser for a drill press, but it makes life easier. A breeze to set up right out of the box everything spot on. Thumbs up porter cable.:thumbs_up

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I briefly looked at that one, but it seemed kind of "short" to me. Literally, short in a floor model, and since I stand 6' 4", it didn't seem comfortable for use. Do you think it is short compared to other floor models?

yanmarman2007

New User
Jody
Hey Travis. Yes the drill press seemed kinda short. I'm 6'2''. That's why my table saw sits on 4 3/4'' layers of plywood. and my drill press is on 2 pieces of 2''x12''. I just have to get everything adjusted for me. I just feel safer working at a comfortable level. Give a try, it may just fit.
Thanks, Jody

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
No pictures? Did it really happen?:eusa_thin

That is an excellent point. It must be a dream. Like the series finale of Lost, and for anyone that remembers it one of the Dallas episodes, or the best one of all, the series finale of Newhart. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors