14" Rigid band saw at Direct Tools (Mebane) for $260 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

New User
Dan
Direct Tools has a $75 off on $220 that ends today. The Rigid 14" is on sale for $320, minus $75 = $265 with tax. If you have the Groupon, it ends up costing only $220 (including the $30 cost of the Groupon).

I know it is an import, but from what I have read it is good after:
- adding a little MDF to strengthen the base
- replacing the belt
- replacing the blade

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I got a HD closeout for $202.00. Replaced belt, tires and blade. Added a Kreg fence. I used a shop made fence at first, but then I got an offer I couldn't refuse!

I put locking casters and stiffened the frame with 1/4" ply. See pic.

0441.JPG

View image in gallery

0431.JPG

View image in gallery

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
I was just there yesterday with one of my 2 groupons... They've got a Rigid floor drill press that ends up being $100 after the groupon as well. Came REALLY close to grabbing it for that kind of price.

Mad Dog

New User
Mad Dog
Joe,
Very nice job on the band saw - looks like you got the color spot on as well.
Did you find the stiffening with plywood cut down on vibration much?
Thinking of doing the same with my Craftsman table saw - I wonder how Chevy Orange would look against the grey.
Cheers

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Recently, the Direct Tools return policy caught me off guard. I purchased a random orbit sander there and when the pad kept flying off, I decided to return it. I called to make sure I would not have any problems and I was told that they normally do not accept returns; however, during the holidays, they will accept exchanges for merchandise only. I was able to exchange it, but I had to get merchandise that was equal to or greater than the value of the sander. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find something for $10 to make up for the difference in price. Since I have not been able to find a good website for them and research any of their items, I was not able to determine that the particular model of sander that I purchased had some problems.

DanR

New User
Dan
That is a good point Steve. I asked about that regarding the band saw also. They told me if I had any problems I had to go to Ridgid. Because there is a service place in Raleigh I figured it was worth it.

glebo

New User
Alex
Quick update on the Rigid band saw:

It's still $320, but Direct Tools has a %25 off deal for everything except pressure washers and air compressors from now until Christmas. So the band saw is now $240+tax.

They also had a Ryobi scroll saw for $94, model SC164VS (w/ sale for $71) and a Ryobi 13" bench planer, model AP1301, for $199 ($150 until Christmas). I don't know how good Ryobi tools are, but from what I've looked up, you can fix any snipe on the planer with a laminated mdf infeed and outfeed table (it doesn't come with either). I'm not sure about the scroll saw, but I'm sure there are some online reviews about it!

Happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors