107 Year Old Red Oak Wood

Chris Oak

New User
Chris
Hi all,

I had this 107 year old Red Oak tree cut down and milled on our lot a few years ago. I had grand plans of putting the wood to good use and have not been able to get to it. The boards from the main trunk are 9'x27"x2.5". The section above the lower trunk are longer and more like 18" wide. All planks are 2.5" think. It has been stacked with a tarp over it since it was milled and looks to be in very good condition. I live in north Raleigh. Please let me know if you have any interest in this beautiful wood.

Chris Martin
919-422-4798

Thanks

Attachments

• Center Slabs.JPG
    Center Slabs.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 199
  • Prepped Stack.JPG
    Prepped Stack.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Higher Truck Wood.JPG
    Higher Truck Wood.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 9'x2'x2.5 inches Slabs.JPG
    9'x2'x2.5 inches Slabs.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Current Side View.jpg
    Current Side View.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 203

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Those have to be some heavy pieces of wood.

Any post beetle damage/termite?
Rough/quarter sawn?
Bd ft. price?
Live edge slabs?

Thanks

Chris Oak

New User
Chris
Those have to be some heavy pieces of wood.

Any post beetle damage/termite?
Rough/quarter sawn?
Bd ft. price?
Live edge slabs?

Thanks
A lot has changed since I posted this listing. First, it turned out to be white oak and not red oak. I got a much great response from FB Marketplace, so I didn't pay attention or update this post. All the largest slabs are sold. I do have some 9' and 10' boards left that are more like 12" to 18" or 20" wide. Most of it was rough sawn with a few quarter swan mixed in. We do have Live Edge boards. Some of the boards did have some termite damage, but most are/were in good condition. $5 per board foot for most of it. Hope that help. Thanks

Chris Oak

New User
Chris
Price and location? Minimum purchase?
Thanks.
Bob
A lot has changed since I posted this listing. First, it turned out to be white oak and not red oak. I got a much great response from FB Marketplace, so I didn't pay attention or update this post. All the largest slabs are sold. I do have some 9' and 10' boards left that are more like 12" to 18" or 20" wide. Most of it was rough sawn with a few quarter swan mixed in. We do have Live Edge boards. $5 per board foot for most of it. No minimum purchase. We are in North Raleigh near Creedmoor and Norwood Rd just above 540. Hope that help. Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS