100 year old window sash

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in making some wooden window sashes for me. I am quite willing to pay.
My house turns 100 this year. I spent a lot of time and work restoring the house about 20 years ago. I also re-glazed all the windows. But now I have 3 with rotten lower sashes. These are all single pain so no grill work. They look like pine and are 1 1/2' thick. They are 29" x 29 3/4". They also have a groove in the sides for rope to the window weights. I can remove the sash and pain and re-install them. I just need someone to make the wood sash.
I was told Stevenson's Millworks in Wilson no longer makes wooden sash. I've called Mullis Millworks in Louisburg and am waiting for a call back.

I thought I'd check here and see if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
If you get some momentum on this project, I would be interested in any sashes you replace that are still in solid condition. I repurpose old window frames and make wall cabinets using the sashes as the front door for the cabinets. I've attached photos of a finished cabinet. The limiting factor in making these is finding the sashes. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 177

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Jack, looks like you're the one if you are interested. Mullis no longer makes wooden window sash. Looks like you are in Zebulon which is less than 20 miles from me. I can bring the one sash I've taken out for you to look at. I will need to remove the other 2 and find something to block my widows while they are being made.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Jack, looks like you're the one if you are interested. Mullis no longer makes wooden window sash. Looks like you are in Zebulon which is less than 20 miles from me. I can bring the one sash I've taken out for you to look at. I will need to remove the other 2 and find something to block my widows while they are being made.
ok when you are able. 973 945 6686

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS