10 years - cigarette free

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
On November 1, 2011, after 45 years of smoking cigarettes, I tried an electronic cigarette on the urging of a friend. Today marks the 10 year anniversary - 10 years without a cigarette. While I am still somewhat addicted to nicotine through the use of e-cigs, my body sure doesn't miss the thousands of harmful chemicals found in regular cigarettes. My doctor is happy, and so am I.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
On November 1, 2011, after 45 years of smoking cigarettes, I tried an electronic cigarette on the urging of a friend. Today marks the 10 year anniversary - 10 years without a cigarette. While I am still somewhat addicted to nicotine through the use of e-cigs, my body sure doesn't miss the thousands of harmful chemicals found in regular cigarettes. My doctor is happy, and so am I.
I put the cigs down after 48 years in 2008. Do not ever want one anymore and do not do the e-cigs either. I am still coping with COPD though after being diagnosed in 2010.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also quit after too many years
I really have no idea when. I am guessing it was between 2003 and 2009

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
28 years tobacco free for me - I went cold-turkey and my wife says it was the 2 worst weeks of our marriage - I don't remember it that way but who am I?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Congrats! I have never even tried a cigarette, but my Mom was a heavy smoker. I was very happy when she quit. I hope you notice an improvement in your health.

striker

New User
Stephen
I'm with Doug R. on this one. I've never tried a cig in 63 years. They took my father when I was a boy -that was enough for me.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Quit when in the fourth grade. Mom caught me with a pack in my pocket. Made me smoke from a place God never intended for me to smoke from. Today, it would be called child abuse. She called it corrective theropy (sp?). By what ever name, convinced me I didn't want to smoke. Older brother smoked for over 40 years, till his first child was born. Quit cold turkey. Father used to smoke three packs a day of Lucky Strikes. Also quit cold turkey. FYI, I grew up working in tobacco.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors