10" drill press at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Found a 10" drill press at Lowes on clearance for $39.60 plus if you talk to them just right you get another 15% off this week. It is made by black and decker, Firestorm, has five speeds and a 1/2 inch chuck. Is it a Cadillac, NO but is is better than what I had which was none. Just thought someone might need a small drill press and for my small shop this was a good deal.

Tracy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Already spending your cig savings....good for you. I bet you'll enjoy the drill press more than some butts in an ashtray.

Dave:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
That's great Tracy, :5yeah:you now have something to show for the money instead of the butts you put in an ash tray only to discard when full. Great Start on the No Smoking!:icon_thum:thumbsup::eusa_danc Terry:icon_chee

TracyP

Tracy
OK Bas now that the tobacco is gone, and wood is rough cut for end tables I will provide picture as required.

Now, how is that?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
OK, you now officially SUCK!!! And all the best making it through the first few days with your quit...buying tools helps!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Cograts!

It never ceases to amaze me on some prices. For less than $40 how can they even make a profit? I cannot see how they can make the drill press for less than $100.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Good for you Tracy! :icon_thum I've been meaning to get a drill press/rainy, miserable day/bored. Hmmmm........ :eusa_thin

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It never ceases to amaze me on some prices.
I know what you mean. But, when you pay full retail price, you're seriously overpaying. The cost for the drill press is probably $40, or close to it. So when they sell it for $129, there's a lot of margin to cover the closeout.

I lost control of myself at the Lowe's clearance tables today. Bought 3 outlet cover plates ("nickel" and "antique bronze") and four singe pole 20A switches. I didn't need any of it, but I might need it one day :) The girl at the register rang everything up - $ 38.71. That was the full price. The clearance price for the total was $3.64. Again, I'm sure Lowe's is taking a loss here. But, at full retail, there's a LOT of profit on those items.

That's why I love Harbor Freight. It keeps the big box stores honest :)

sediener

New User
Steve
I picked one up for $24.75+tax today at the Garner Lowes... I was surprised that it was still there but it was on a shelf with a 369$ price tag right under it. Thanks for the heads up. It should work until I can convince my to spend some of the money we bring home on real tools.

- Steve

TracyP

Tracy
I picked one up for $24.75+tax today at the Garner Lowes... I was surprised that it was still there but it was on a shelf with a 369$ price tag right under it. Thanks for the heads up. It should work until I can convince my to spend some of the money we bring home on real tools.

- Steve
You are welcome Steve. Glad I could pass it along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS