1. Asheville Hardware

Finishing 101 with Fine Woodworking's Gregory Paolini

There is still two spaces left for the Finishing 101 with Gregory Paolini this coming Saturday. Here is the class description: "Having good finishing skills make all the difference between an OK project and a phenomenal one. In this full day, hands on, finishing workshop, students will learn...
  2. Flute Maker

Bowl Turning 101 ?

I want to start turning some simple bowls ..Where is best tutorial to get me started? I basically just do spindle work right now
  3. CLetts

Woodworking 101

Thought y'all might wanna know that Charles Neil has posted a couple of webisodes on youtube teaching us how to build a pie safe (This is a free version of his Mastering Woodworking series) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZdztEZET4
  4. Stanley 101

Stanley 101

It'se Bit'se Plane
  5. merrill77

spray guns 101

When he heard that I had acquired a high-cfm compressor, a friend offered up his spray gun. He said it is a "Sharpe Platinum HVLP" - of which I see there are various models - and it is unused. I've asked him for the model number. I _do_ intend to try spraying some finish in the future, but I...
  6. wdkits1

Intarsia 101 "THE FINALE"

Well so far you have seen the progress of this project from the beginning. From the subject photo,to the making of the pattern, to the tracing and cutting and sanding and contouring and tricks and techniques that I use in the creation of intarsia. After cutting and sanding and fitting and...
  7. wdkits1

Intarsia 101 Tips and Tricks

Thia photo shows one of the tricks to use when working with small pieces. If I have lots of pieces that have to be precisely placed together it is best to arrange them on the pattern as they are shaped and sanded and glue them together to form a larger unit. I start by taping clear plastic wrap...
  8. wdkits1

Intarsia 101 more shaping and carving

On the last segment I went over the basics of tracing, cutting and sanding so now I will go into some of the details of carving and contouring that make intarsia unique. After a piece has been traced,[including carving lines as per pattern] and sawn out, now is the time to carve in the details...
  9. wdkits1

Intarsia 101 Tracing,cutting, shaping

I managed to get a few pieces done today so I'll begin by showing the steps needed to begin the intarsia process. This photo shows the set-up to trace a section from the pattern onto sticky back label paper. I have taped the pattern down and have slid the carbon paper and label paper under the...
  10. wdkits1

Intarsia 101 The Frame

Before I start the inlay work I have to make the frame so these are the steps required for this process. My walnut frame stock has been sized to the inside perimeter of the pattern. In this photo I have set the router to make a 1/4" groove 1/4"deep,1/8" from the back to accept the backboard. [...
  11. wdkits1

Intarsia 101

Here is the picture of the 1953 Ford F100 Pick-Up that will be used for this project. This pic shows that I have traced the outline of the truck using carbon paper onto copy paper. Here is the traced outline of the truck. Not all details have been put in at this point. In this picture I...
  12. wdkits1

Intarsia 101

Hi all Well I think I'm ready to do my next intarsia project. I got a picture of the project to be from my buddy in Texas who wanted me to design a kit for him.You might remember the post about my customer Art who is 93 years old and still scrolling strong.It is a picture of a 1953 Ford F100...
  13. CarvedTones

resaw 101 help?

Maybe it's the saw, maybe it's the blade, maybe it's the wood, but most likely it's the sawyer... I just put my riser kit on the other night, so I don't really have much experience as the owner of a big under powered (for this task) saw. I have done a little resawing on someone else's saw, but...
  14. rick7938

Pipe Clamp 101

I am saving my pennies to outfit my shop with the Bessey parallel jaw clamps as I can afford them. For now, I am working with some Irwin pipe clamps that work OK, but has shown me that I need some help with manipulating these things. Sometimes they seem like I'm wrestling an octopus while trying...
  15. L

101 on woodscrews

Please give me an explaination of differences in screws compared to wood screws as they relate to wood applications in furniture. I see wood screws that are thin as well as thick. I see regular screws that have a spiral to the head and wood screws that stop short and have maybe an inch with no...
  16. WoodWrangler

NCWW Teaches Pen Turning 101

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to nelsone, ashley_phil , gotojeremy , hpm67 , PeteM, ptt49er and Tom (not yet an North Carolina Woodworker member). We got together last night (Thursday) for a lesson on pen turning. Needless to say it was a great time with great people! nelsone & hpm67 taught the...
  17. L

101 on Kreg pocket jig

I got a Kreg pocket jig for Christmas, per request and was wondering if someone would offer a few suggestions on its use for faceframes. I have instructions but instructions from the experts often helps best.
  18. woodguy1975

JSR Woodworking Cabinetmaking 101 Class Sept. 23-24

I've got a cabinetmaking coming up that covers everything you ever want to know about cabinetmaking. From design, to hardware, to making a 5 peice door we do it all in this 2 day class. In the end the students walk away with a lot of knowledge and an upper cabinet complete with a raised panel...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS