Search results

1. mpnmatthews

Help with this Repair...

Repairing a 1950 Hammond C-2 and Tone Cabinet... This cabinet has endured some injuries to the inside of the cabinet... See pics below. Can this be repaired or replaced? Best techniques? A molding product, perhaps? I was thinking of cutting away the damaged portion and attaching a...
  2. mpnmatthews

HELP NEEDED!!! Stripping project...

Hey folks, I realize I am in desperate need of help. I have taken on the project of my life - the restoration of a 1950 Hammond C-2 Organ and it's speaker cabinet. The restoration calls for a refinish, and the refinish calls for stripping. I've tried all I know and I realize I'm way over my...
  3. mpnmatthews

Best Repair Method

Hey folks! I'm refinishing a speaker cabinet from the 1950s but first I will have to complete repairs. The biggest problem I have is this crack in the baseboard. Looks like the bottom of the cabinet got wet and then warped just enough to pop the joint. See pictures attached. What's the best...
  4. mpnmatthews

Organ Restoration Project: How do I get this finish?

Hey friends! I am restoring a 1950 Hammond C-2 organ along with a JR-20 tone cabinet. For context, I’ve included pictures of the organ and tone cabinet showing the way they look now. I have decided on a complete refinish of the woodwork. The original finish was a tinted lacquer, so I will...
  5. mpnmatthews

My First Real Project - COMPLETE! (I think)

Hey everybody! I just wanted to come back to post the results of my first real wood finishing project. I came to you guys at this forum back in 2014 just a couple of months after I purchased a vintage dining room table from a used furniture store here in Concord. I consulted you all about the...
  6. mpnmatthews

WONDER IN THE WOOD: How Do I Get This Look?

Hello everybody! I'm about to start a project to refinish a Hammond organ. I don't have the organ yet, so no pictures of it before restoration, but I know exactly how I want the wood to look. However, I need to know, how do I do this? Can anyone help me with what they think might be the...
  7. mpnmatthews

Help! What kind of wood is this?

Hey folks, first time poster here. I like what I see so far but I need some help. Bought a dining table and chairs (6) from a second-hand furniture store here in Concord. The owner said that the table was solid wood, and that it was an antique. Table has a nice medium color but a finish that...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors