Search results

1. R

New from Statesville

Welcome Dave. Just up the road in Nebo. You will find lots of great information here. Enjoy. Ray
  2. R

Forest management on my property

Have you contacted your local county extension agent. They should have experience with timber management and be able to guide you on tax breaks available to you as a landowner.
  3. R

Asheville area hardwood and plywood suppliers

 Try Catawba Hardwoods at exit 90 on I 40. This is the Nebo Lake James exit. They handle domestic hardwoods and plywood in cabinet grades. Business is on north side of I 40.
  4. R

DMT 8" Dia-Sharp Diamond Kit Deal

Thanks Mark. Been waiting for a good price on that set of stones. On order now. Ray
  5. R

Hello from Marion

Welcome neighbor. Think you will find plenty of woodworking info here. Ray Nebo NC
  6. R

Resaw and milling services in WNC?

Dave have you contacted Beetree hardwood in Swannanoa. 828-686-9009. I don't know if they resaw but can't hurt to ask.
  7. R

For sale: Performax 22-44 plus Thickness Sander - sold

You get to meet the nicest people in NCWW. Thank you so much Jim. Going to enjoy both the scroll saw and sander.
  8. R

For sale: Performax 22-44 plus Thickness Sander - sold

I'm very interested in your sander. I could get down to Winston on Thursday or Friday if you are willing to wait till then. I live just south of Marion NC. Ray
  9. R

ISO Sawmill/Kiln Services

Alex. There are several small Sawyers in our area but the only kiln that I know is Beetree in Swannanoa. The preveous owner would add small lots in the kiln. They also have sawmill on site. I have not met or talked with new owners yet. 828-581-0197 Bee Tree Hardwoods.
  10. R

Who's been in construction for a really long time?

That looks like some old caving hard hats. I remember seeing the blue glow in dark for sale new in the early to mid 80's. They look too clean to have been used in coal mines. I believe MSA is still in business. Sold a lot of hard hats and headlights to coon hunters too.
  11. R

How are you disposing of your oily finishing rags?

My solution may not be quite environmentally sound but all oily or solvent rags go in the wood stove.
  12. R

ANYONE IN ASHEVILLE/HENDERSONVILLE INTERESTED IN PHENOLIC MATERIAL?

Thanks Bruce. My cell is 828-442-0576. I'm 3 minutes from Drews diner at the exit.
  13. R

ANYONE IN ASHEVILLE/HENDERSONVILLE INTERESTED IN PHENOLIC MATERIAL?

I would take a sheet of 1/2 inch off your hand if you would stop at exit 90 Nebo Lake James exit on your way to Asheville on Saturday. Ray
  14. R

Where can i find 1/8" hardwood plywood?

You might try Catawba Hardwood exit 90 on I-40 Nebo Lake James exit. Telephone 828-652-3575. They supply cabinet grade plywood. Ray
  15. R

Bandsaw help near Spruce Pine.

Mark I am located just off exit 90 on I-40. I may be able to help next week. PM me if interested. Ray
  16. R

Woodworker at Lake James, NC

Howdy neighbor. I'm just off exit 90 in Nebo. Great group here with loads of information. Ray
  17. R

Need ideas for new shop floor, ceiling and walls.

Hey Red. Sorry to loss a neighbor but best wishes with your new home and shop built. I'm sure you will enjoy having your shop outside of the house. On my shop build I used 3/4 advantech as the sub floor and blocked on 4 ft centers between the joist to pick up the t and g for support. Think...
  18. R

Need help making a massage tool

Just a quick thought. Any wood product used in a sauna needs to be free of knots. Besides sap the knots hold heat at a much higher temp than clear wood. Sure that all involved know this but better safe than sorry. Just my 2 cents. Ray
  19. Shop build

Shop build

Shop build
  20. R

Shop started finally

What a week. Making good progress though. The challenge of building on a steep slope has driven cost higher than expected. 80 tons of 3/4 washed stone for fill under the basement floor and 24 yards of concrete in footers,floor and filling parts of the wall were surprises to the bank account...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS